Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not UT. but my personal best cat
Hey Guys I thought I would share my personal best cat fish at 35in.  caught him at the rivers edge in Loveland Co.
the rivers edge is a small park resort with a bunch of small lakes or ponds. the ponds my be contaminated with some chemical from
the old HP plant. it's catch and release only and there is some big fish in there. 
[Image: personal-best-catfish-35in.jpg]
That's a goodun.  Bet you wish it was one of those toothy critters though.
That is a good one.
Nice cat Chuck, congrats on your PB.
Congrats, that's a heck of a fish...Nice job...
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!
Hey can you send that one down here? I need it for the cat contest. Really thought, great fish and thanks for sharing the picture.
(08-24-2022, 07:41 PM)utwalleye Wrote: Hey Guys I thought I would share my personal best cat fish at 35in.  caught him at the rivers edge in Loveland Co.
the rivers edge is a small park resort with a bunch of small lakes or ponds. the ponds my be contaminated with some chemical from
the old HP plant. it's catch and release only and there is some big fish in there. 
[Image: personal-best-catfish-35in.jpg]
that's a full leg long, nice!
Thanks guys, it sure was a fun fight, 4 good long runs. that would've been nice if that was a toothy critter. but the cat was just fine, it beat
my last PB by 2in. these lakes {ponds} are like 10 minutes away from my house. there is also some big largemouth bass in them. my engineer's son from work caught one over 8 pounds 3 weeks ago. I guess I will have to try for some bass this week.
What a pig! Nice job.
Can't wait to hear about the other catches you achieve from there!
Hey Chuck, have you ever tried for cats at Chatfield...just south of Denver?  I fished it quite a bit while on a 6 month work assignment in Denver.  I caught several cats in that size range from Chatfield...but on stout tackle and bait meant for those whisker fish.  Don't know what the current ecology or catfish population is there, but it used to have some bigguns. 

Also had one of my most exciting days on a flyrod there.  I had been working the shoreline with flies and poppers for smallmouth, sunfish and perch when I noticed some bodacious swirls close to shore.  There was an offshore breeze blowing grasshoppers and other terrestrials into the water off the shoreline vegetation.  And catfish were slurping them up.  Got several on my six weight fly rod...up to about 10 pounds.  Never repeated that since then but it was a memorable afternoon.
Hey Pat, No I haven't fish Chatfield yet, I here there is some big walleyes in there. catfish on a fly rod, hmmm sounds like some fun for sure.
went fly fishing today up to red feather lakes, a little bit too windy up there to fly fish today.