Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Redemption for the Johnson's
We decided to go to UL this morning to try our luck again at a bumper fish.

We launched at 7:00, and water temp was 73, warming to 79 by 1:00

We thought about trying a new place to fish, and after 2 hours of not catching anything we moved on to another place we thought might be better.  About 10:00 we finally started to catch some cats, 7 in an hour, 6 of them were 26" to 29".  This looked like a good day finally.

Then this fish fit my line so hard that I couldn't hardly get my pole out of the holder.  Richard started to laugh and poke fun at me saying "Oh help me honey it's too hard to reel in", as I'm guilty of saying this in the past.  So, all by myself I brought in a beautiful 31 incher.

I was very surprised that it was that big, and it made up for the one I lost last Saturday. This time he kept both hands on it until I got a picture of it, putting me 1/2 inch ahead of him in the contest.

I kicked Richard's butt today, I caught 9 out of the 15 total, and we brought 5 eaters home for our table.

One of these days he'll quit laughing at me and realize who is the best fisherperson in our family!!! 

[Image: 31-inches-1st-place-Aug-31st-2022-UL.jpg]    
[Image: 31-incher-August-31st-2022-UL.jpg]
Hey Vi, that looks like a monster. And since you're a little on the petite side, he looks even huger. Congrats on taking the lead! It couldn't have happened a nicer fisherperson.
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

Way to go Vi, that will give Richard something to shoot at... Congrats on the lead... Jeff
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!
Congratulations on a great fish and season so far Vi....and Richard too! Keep up the great work, there are more great fish out there.
MrsJ  great catch  Big Grin   Did you happen to get a weight on that monster ?
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool