Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard South recon
Had to make a trip up to Smith & Edwards today. So decided since I wasn't towing the boat, I would swing over the canal and check out WB South. 

The ramp parking area was totally empty of boat rigs.  
It looks as if the docks are at their full extension of the cables. Unable to determine water depth but the sides of the channel have much more rock and gravel exposed.  

Motorized boats NOT recommended.   

[Image: 067-3-Sep-2022-Low-water-south.jpg]     [Image: 068.jpg]    [Image: 069.jpg]   [Image: 070.jpg]

"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
So Tubedude should be ok and no traffic, that should be a plus for him. Thanks for the recon Forest. Was there any water coming down the channel?
(09-04-2022, 04:22 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: So Tubedude should be ok and no traffic, that should be a plus for him. Thanks for the recon Forest. Was there any water coming down the channel?

Sh-h-h-h-h!  Planning a sneak attack this week.  At least I won't have to worry about wearing waders or dressing warm.
(09-04-2022, 09:15 PM)TubeDude Wrote:
(09-04-2022, 04:22 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: So Tubedude should be ok and no traffic, that should be a plus for him. Thanks for the recon Forest. Was there any water coming down the channel?

Sh-h-h-h-h!  Planning a sneak attack this week.  At least I won't have to worry about wearing waders or dressing warm.

Good luck there Pat, will be looking forward to your report. We will likely be giving it a try as soon as the koke season closes.

Curt, I noticed the canal at the S&E bridge was about 90% full, but the inlet baffles only had a very small trickle coming through.
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
(09-05-2022, 12:49 PM)Tin-Can Wrote:

Curt, I noticed the canal at the S&E bridge was about 90% full, but the inlet baffles only had a very small trickle coming through.

That's too bad, considering Willard's water level is only 33% but up stream, most of the lakes are over 50% to 80% full. Guess they are saving water in case we have another poor snow Winter.
Irrigation season is over. That's when they mostly stop both inflow and outflow from Willard. Irrigation was and is its primary purpose, I believe.