Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Deer Creek Ramp Closure
Star 
We were up to Deer Creek yesterday and a park employee informed us that they would be closing the ramp today. He told us they would use the docks as a barricade to prevent launch at own risk. He also mentioned that the Island ramp will also be closing next week. Just a heads up. Other boaters were also told the same.

(09-08-2022, 10:24 PM)fryman1 Wrote: We were up to Deer Creek yesterday and a park employee informed us that they would be closing the ramp today. He told us they would use the docks as a barricade to prevent launch at own risk. He also mentioned that the Island ramp will also be closing next week. Just a heads up. Other boaters were also told the same.
(09-08-2022, 10:24 PM)fryman1 Wrote: We were up to Deer Creek yesterday and a park employee informed us that they would be closing the ramp today. He told us they would use the docks as a barricade to prevent launch at own risk. He also mentioned that the Island ramp will also be closing next week. Just a heads up. Other boaters were also told the same.

So I am not real familiar with launching a boat at Deer Creek I've always had to shore fish until this year I guess what im asking is that is it for boats this year?
What is the reason for the ramp closure ? Low water? Just means the power boats have one less place to go! Thanks for the heads up.
(09-09-2022, 01:28 PM)fishgiver Wrote: What is the reason for the ramp closure ? Low water? Just means the power boats have one less place to go! Thanks for the heads up.

The State park site shows the main ramp closed due to a hazardous drop off at the end of the ramp and it is blocked off. The Island ramp is difficult to launch because it flattened out near the bottom and it looks like they will leave it open to smaller craft- Launch Risk warning. So with this you will see more of the power squad heading up to Jordanelle, RockportĀ and even Strawberry.

(09-09-2022, 05:40 AM)Tooeledude Wrote:

So I am not real familiar with launching a boat at Deer Creek I've always had to shore fish until this year I guess what im asking is that is it for boats this year?
Smaller craft can still launch at the Island ramp. Launch at own risk.