Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Freeze dry kokanee and Deer Creek
[Image: DSCN3065.jpg]

made 7 trays like this cooked them in the smoker to about 150 deg. then put them in the freeze dryer. Don't  like the taste but maybe they will make good Kokanee patties,

Went to deer creek Wednesday put the boat in the water at the main ramp,  today Friday went again the main ramp had the ramps blocking the water. so went  to the other ramp it said if you have the guts you can put your boat in the water it was 5:30 and dark, so we went fishing .
a lot of boats did the same thing we did but they waited till day light. a lot of ski boats.
stopped fishing at 10:15  when we left. the parking lot was full,  and the pay gate was open.
one good thing with them closing the ramps the rainbows should be big by next year
That's too bad about the kokes, not turning out good. Over the years I've found out some things do not turn out as good as others. I tried doing some catfish and was not happy with it either but in a lack of food situation, something that does taste all that good is better than nothing. Did you try and rehydrate the filets by putting them in water?
(09-09-2022, 07:22 PM)liketrolling Wrote: [Image: DSCN3065.jpg]

one good thing with them closing the ramps the rainbows should be big by next year

Well, I know there are big bows in Deer creek. I catch those things, along with big browns, while jigging for pre spawn walleye in the spring. Bigger trout eat other fish. They are annoying lol
Gabe