Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Battery help
(09-09-2022, 11:22 PM)Therapist Wrote: TD is a very gracious person.  I have AGM's that at the end of their life ( I am getting there also !!).  Eue to the weight factor and the ability to almost discharge down to "0" w/o a drop in voltage,  I am going to switch to Lithium this winter.  A bit pricey, but will be worth it in the long run, less weight, better performance, longer run time.  Can't beat that !  TD,  do a write up on your Lithium battery so people can get a good read on them !!
So far, I have only made 4 or 5 trips with the Lithium.  But I definitely notice some positive comparisons. 

1.  Much lighter.  My series 27 AGM batteries are over 65#.  Getting tougher for this old guy to haul them to and from my tube.  The new Lithium is only 24#.  Definitely an improvement in carrying...and less weight in the tube. 

2.  More power longer.  Although the series 27 AGMs are rated a bit higher in amp hours, they do not deliver a constant output...and decline a lot...almost failing at about the 40% capacity level.  I have had a few tube trips when I was barely moving by the time I hit the ramp after about 4 hours of fishing.  The lithiums put out a constant 12.8 volts until failure...at 0% level.  This gives a longer use on the water at a constant high level of output.  I have already had a couple of high useage trips lasting almost 5 hours...and still had plenty of power as I brought my tube back to the ramp.

3.  Faster recharge time.  Only about 1/2 to 1/3 the time to fully recharge the lithium as compared with the AGM after a trip of similar duration.   

The new lithium will probably outlive me.  But I am more than pleased with my decision to pay the extra for this battery.

Messages In This Thread
Battery help - by Redrebel - 09-09-2022, 08:05 PM
RE: Battery help - by TubeDude - 09-09-2022, 08:14 PM
RE: Battery help - by Redrebel - 09-09-2022, 08:54 PM
RE: Battery help - by Therapist - 09-09-2022, 11:22 PM
RE: Battery help - by TubeDude - 09-10-2022, 02:32 PM
RE: Battery help - by Bassin_Blitz - 09-10-2022, 06:19 PM
RE: Battery help - by Redrebel - 09-11-2022, 03:17 PM