Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jordanelle outing
i took some friends up to Jordy on the boat this morning hoping to dredge up some trout and/or any kokes willing to play. After dragging dodgers and wedding rings around for several hours and no bites we finally were surprised to pull in a decent smallmouth pushing 14”  on the trolling gear.   Air temp was a chilly 45 at 7:30 and water temp stayed near 68 all day until we left around 1pm.  Still lots of recreation boats but at least we didn’t have to wait an hour to get a turn on the ramp like we did a few weeks ago. I think the warm water still has everything hiding deep and not hungry yet. 
Weather was absolutely perfect when the sun made it up so it was still a nice day in the outdoors.  Can’t complain.
Too bad you found no willing kokes but it might be a good thing if you went out for them on Sat. I could be wrong but I think the koke season closed on Fri. Sounds like a decent smally you caught. So no trout were caught?
It may have been a blessing that you didn't catch a kokanee.  "Anglers may not possess kokanee salmon at any waterbody statewide from Sept. 10 through Nov. 30."  Legally, you could have caught and released one, if that was your intent.
(09-12-2022, 12:33 AM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: Too bad you found no willing kokes but it might be a good thing if you went out for them on Sat. I could be wrong but I think the koke season closed on Fri. Sounds like a decent smally you caught. So no trout were caught?

yep, it closed on Saturday and any we caught would have been returned after a few proud pics.  No trout surprisingly,  I have a section I troll that seems to kick out a few nice trout each time, but this time was dead.  Tried a lot of tactics but no luck.  Going to try again in a few weeks when the colors change and the water cools.

(09-12-2022, 12:44 AM)kentofnsl Wrote: It may have been a blessing that you didn't catch a kokanee.  "Anglers may not possess kokanee salmon at any waterbody statewide from Sept. 10 through Nov. 30."  Legally, you could have caught and released one, if that was your intent.

yessir, that was the plan.