Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Delta, UT Fishing
I will be in Delta next week for a few days. Is there any good fishing near there?
(09-11-2022, 04:25 AM)steelhawk Wrote: I will be in Delta next week for a few days. Is there any good fishing near there?

With the low water conditions I can't tell you if the fishing is good but the two local Res there are DMAD and Gunnison Bend.
Those two have the only real populations of white crappie in the state, so you might add a species to your caught-list.
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

(09-11-2022, 04:25 AM)steelhawk Wrote: I will be in Delta next week for a few days. Is there any good fishing near there?

the cool thing about DMAD and Gunnison is that every cast could bring a different kind of fish.  lots of variety in those waters.
Thanks, I'll give them a try. Hope I catch something.
Sadly, the fishing was a total bust.  The entrance to Gunnison was closed and padlocked. Then my truck had troubles and had to go to the garage for repairs. I had no vehicle to drive anywhere else.
(09-18-2022, 08:48 PM)steelhawk Wrote: Sadly, the fishing was a total bust.  The entrance to Gunnison was closed and padlocked. Then my truck had troubles and had to go to the garage for repairs. I had no vehicle to drive anywhere else.

Well that's a bummer. Did you happen to notice the water level at either lake?
The lake was low, with lots of shoreline around the houses.
Gunnision bend has decent shore access, The locked gate is on the dike on the South of the lake. You can walk around the gate and up the dike, all the way to the spillway. There are public launch ramps on the peninsula that divides the lake and you can walk along the shoreline there. You can also drive around to the west side of the lake and fish the spillway area and a bit of the west dike. I have been down there a couple of times with my buddy and we have had marginal success, a couple of white bass, bigger than Ut.lake, but very slow fishing. Have thought about pulling the boat down, but haven't done so yet !! We have tried DMAD also, but access there is even worse !!