Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pineview Launch Question
Can you launch a boat at Pineview without having to pay yet?
How are the launches as far as water levels go?
(09-11-2022, 11:45 PM)GrandpaD 2020 Wrote: Can you launch a boat at Pineview without having to pay yet?
How are the launches as far as water levels go?

I hope I'm wrong Dale but last year they put up a gate that was suppose to be closed once they stopped charging to launch. I haven't heard if they left the gate open like they did last year, hopefully someone will have a first hand report about it.
No pay, no launch is their new policy. They claim it's to reduce vandalism, but the impression is that they're just greedy boogers.
I talked with the Pineview Manager back in 2020 before they installed the gate.  His reason for both closing the Cemetery Point parking lot and installing the gate at the Port Ramp was ‘vandalism.’  He also told me that he doesn’t have any employees during the winter months that can monitor Cemetery Point and/or the Port Ramp and he wasn’t going to do that himself.  So, he shut down Cemetery Point and ordered the gate for the Port Ramp and had it installed last year.  I also got some other intel that indicates he is very close to retirement and may very well have reached R.O.A.D. status.  The bottom line is this – the gates at the Port Ramp and Cemetery Point parking lots will be closed and locked for most (if not all) of the period when the concessionaire is not running the place.  After the current manager retires, it may or may not change.  There is some funding allocated to make some major improvements at Pineview over the next year or 3, but I’m not holding my breath waiting for things to change for the better.

Now, about the public access points: Anderson Cove, Cemetery Point, and Port Ramp.  I just called the Ogden Ranger District (local manager for Pineview) and was given this information.  Cemetery Point access ended yesterday, Sep 11, 2022, and is essentially shut down for a construction project to enhance the boat launch area.  Anderson Cove will shut down and the gate closed and locked on Sep 18, 2022.  The Port Ramp will shut down and the gate closed and locked on Sep 25, 2022.  It ain’t lookin’ good for any trailer launched water vessels at Pineview after Utah Recreation is gone for the season.  And ice fishing there isn’t lookin’ any better unless you’re a walk on from Browning Point.
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
Thanks Bob, sounds like as long as you pay, you can play, at least until the 25th of Sept. I wonder if it still cost $18 to launch Undecided
Pineview would be so much better for boating if the State took it over.
(09-13-2022, 01:16 AM)GrandpaD 2020 Wrote: Pineview would be so much better for boating if the State took it over.

Totally agree with that but it likely won't happen anytime soon.