Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rockport
Met Pat this morning at Rockport. Launched bout dawn in calm 65 degree water. It warmed to 67 by 1100 departure. It was a very pleasant
day for sure. Calm water, no bugs or wind and no fish. Saw lots on the finder in 12 thru 32 ft of water. I couldnt but a bite today no matter what
I offered or how I offered it. Tried and true offerings didnt work for me today. But it was still great to be on calm water and out of the smoke and noise of the city. Not sure how Pat did but I know he managed fish. His story to tell.
(09-12-2022, 09:53 PM)ELM 71 Wrote: Met Pat this morning at Rockport. Launched bout dawn in calm 65 degree water. It warmed to 67 by 1100 departure. It was a very pleasant
day for sure. Calm water, no bugs or wind and no fish. Saw lots on the finder in 12 thru 32 ft of water. I couldnt but a bite today no matter what
I offered or how I offered it. Tried and true offerings didnt work for me today. But it was still great to be on calm water and out of the smoke and noise of the city. Not sure how Pat did but I know he managed fish. His story to tell.

Always a pleasure to share the water with ya Lee.  Sorry the fickle fishies at Rockport treated you so badly.  They didn't treat me much better.  After we parted company I headed north toward the dam.  Figured that's where the fish would be staging now.  Outsmarted myself.  Shoulda gone back toward the inlet where I caught fish a couple of weeks before.

I only got a few bites and saw very little on TV.  Did see some baby perch down deep...and some larger suspended perch (I think) clear up by the dam.  But otherwise just one here and one there.  Brought in 3 perch all about 10 inches each and 1 footlong smallie.  That was it.  But better than the smelly kitty.
[Image: LEE.jpg] [Image: LAUNCH.jpg] [Image: PERCH-1.jpg] [Image: PERCH-3.jpg]
[Image: SMALLIE.jpg] [Image: PERCHLETS.jpg] [Image: SUSPENDERS.jpg] [Image: HERON.jpg]
[Image: DAM.jpg] [Image: ROCKS.jpg]

Looks like a perfect weather day

Thanks for sharing
I was thinking of going back again this week but watching the weather reports now. I have another new lithium battery I want to check out. Maybe Thursday or Friday depending on the rain forecast