Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
561 Sonar Help
I bought a boat that had a Humminbird 561 Sonar dual beam fish finder in it.  We have checked out all the connections and has a new battery in the boat and cant even get it to turn on.  Is there something like a fuse  or is it possible that it might be too old it looks brand new but I think it is 10 years old.  I tried to contact Humminbird  trouble shooting but was put on terminal hold left my phone number and never got a call back.  Any ideas what to do ? Is it worth fixing or should I just move on ?
(09-12-2022, 11:23 PM)catdaddygar Wrote: I bought a boat that had a Humminbird 561 Sonar dual beam fish finder in it.  We have checked out all the connections and has a new battery in the boat and cant even get it to turn on.  Is there something like a fuse  or is it possible that it might be too old it looks brand new but I think it is 10 years old.  I tried to contact Humminbird  trouble shooting but was put on terminal hold left my phone number and never got a call back.  Any ideas what to do ? Is it worth fixing or should I just move on ?

It is likely a blown fuse. Just follow the wires from the finder back to the battery and you should find a fuse. I doubt it's too old, it should at least turn on.
With Humminbird they are busy, but they usually always give me a call back and they are pretty good help once you get them on the line. If you have a small battery I'd hook it directly to the FF just to check and see if it's the finder or the boat wiring. I'm trying to remember the 561 model and I think they were a pretty nice finder in their day.. I have one of the same generation and spent a lot of money on it for me, and within a month they released the new generation of finders, so I wasn't real happy with my timing on that finder, but it was a really good finder, but it didn't have the side finder, so I moved on to the new generation that was even more expensive.... But I really like my new one, hope it doesn't get replaced very soon... Good luck.. J
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!
Thanks for all the help. Grandson and some super glue done the trick. Took Wiperhunter advice and went out started with the base mount couldn't t see any fuses but grandson noticed that the fare wright connector was loose and would not stay in place. Applied some super glue and let it set up and re inserted the screen and it all came to life. Darn grandkids are starting to teach the grandparents now . Next decision is what kind of downriggers to get , thinking of the Cannon Magnum 10 any advice . thanks for all the help.
(09-13-2022, 09:43 PM)catdaddygar Wrote: Thanks for all the help. Grandson and some super glue done the trick.  Took Wiperhunter advice and went out started with the base mount couldn't t see any fuses but grandson noticed that the fare wright connector was loose and would not stay in place.  Applied  some super glue and let it set up and re inserted the screen and it all came to life. Darn grandkids are starting to teach  the grandparents now . Next decision is what kind of downriggers to get , thinking of the Cannon Magnum 10 any advice . thanks for all the help.
Glad to hear you figured it out. As far as riggers go, the Mag 10 is a good one, I have two 5's and they have worked well for me but if you need the longer boom, then the 10 is the way to go.