Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scofield possible?
Looking for a place to catch either trout, wipers.  Not heard much about scofield.  Ant thoughts. Would be boat fishing, trolling.  Any special parts of the lake that would be good to key on?  Appreciate your help.  

And would the boat ramp be open?
I haven't been there for a while but trout should be plentiful. Last trip we boated 35 in less than 2 hours all released.  Cuts and rainbows, no tigers. Reservior is currently at 25%. I've never caught a wiper there but I know they put some in a few years ago. Just don't know how they have fared there. Madsen bay ramp should be open still but last year they closed Mountain View ramp way earlier than they needed to. The site says both are open until October 1.
I've heard east canyon has been planted and giving up some wipers. Not sure how to catch them. Please catch as many as you can from jordanelle.
(09-15-2022, 10:59 PM)Uintaman2 Wrote: Looking for a place to catch either trout, wipers.  Not heard much about scofield.  Ant thoughts. Would be boat fishing, trolling.  Any special parts of the lake that would be good to key on?  Appreciate your help.  

And would the boat ramp be open?
I would put in at the Madsen Bay ramp and troll along the west side of the bay out to the main body of the reservoir.  South of the island is going to be pretty much unfishable because of vegetation and water level.

You will probably catch more cutthroats than anything but there are some decent rainbows, tigers, and wipers.  There are still plenty of chubs in there too but not near as bad as they used to be. 

I haven't been up there in a while, so I don't know how the algae situation is.  The reservoir level is at 20% today.

Good luck if you go.  
I was there yesterday and most of the lake was capped. It looked like open water possibly between the island and the inlet (Upper Fish Creek?). It was 7 degrees when I arrived about 8 am. With lows in the teens or lower and highs below freezing, it is unlikely to open back up.

[Image: 9-E7-D5-D55-8-B07-4-F9-D-8-B66-0713-F2-D80-E0-A.png]

jack of all tackle, master of none
(11-13-2022, 02:09 PM)joatmon Wrote: I was there yesterday and most of the lake was capped. It looked like open water possibly between the island and the inlet (Upper Fish Creek?). It was 7 degrees when I arrived about 8 am. With lows in the teens or lower and highs below freezing, it is unlikely to open back up.

[Image: 9-E7-D5-D55-8-B07-4-F9-D-8-B66-0713-F2-D80-E0-A.png]

Thanks for the update.

Sounds like I'm through float tubing there for the year. Sad