Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strawberry launchable?
Thinking Saturday Strawberry with boat, is there any sirt of dock?  And how slippery is ramp, with 4x4? 0
Related question, is the road to Renegade still open ? 4x4 of coarse.
I took a drive to Strawberry today. The road from highway 40 to the main marina is passable in a passenger car. It is snow packed, but I had no troubles. The ramp at the main marina is launchable - about 10 trucks and trailers in the parking lot. About half of the ramp has snow on it, but the other side is fine. The wedge docks are up on the ramp - so not useable. You would just have to launch and then beach to get the driver on board.
I did not take the road on around to Renegade, but it was not blocked off and looked about the same from the turn into the marina.
Thanks, headed to FG. As I need dock to board. Hope everyone did well.
(11-11-2022, 11:34 PM)brookie Wrote: I took a drive to Strawberry today. The road from highway 40 to the main marina is passable in a passenger car. It is snow packed, but I had no troubles. The ramp at the main marina is launchable - about 10 trucks and trailers in the parking lot. About half of the ramp has snow on it, but the other side is fine. The wedge docks are up on the ramp - so not useable. You would just have to launch and then beach to get the driver on board.
I did not take the road on around to Renegade, but it was not blocked off and looked about the same from the turn into the marina.

Thanks for the report, we'll be heading up today and see what the road past the marina looks like.
(11-12-2022, 01:16 PM)JeepNut Wrote: Thanks for the report, we'll be heading up today and see what the road past the marina looks like.

We just got back, the road to Renegade is passable but it is quite icy and the snow is deeper than the road to the marina. When we came out there were people pulling big trailers out and I wouldn't have wanted to be in their shoes. They were going very slow so we went around them, hopefully they made it out OK. 
The fishing today was some of the best I've ever had at Strawberry. It was very cold when we got there (9 degrees on the jeep dash) with the wind it was very hard to tie knots and take fish off. When we got to the spot we normally start at my son and I couldn't keep them off the line. We had many doubles but taking them off just about froze my hands off. Most were slot cutts but we also got a bunch of rainbows. We invited some of the bows home for dinner. There were very few boats on the lake and once the sun came out of the clouds it was much nicer. We kept using our net to make sure we didn't injure the fish and it ended up freezing solid. You could stand the net up on it's strings.