Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Echo Tube Launching?
I have tried to call the park office at Echo several times and haven't been able to get anyone to pick up the phone.

I understand that the boat ramp and main entry is closed for construction. My question is can I launch a float tube at any of the other access points, or is floating of any kind verboten for the time being?
(09-16-2022, 05:09 PM)fish_digger Wrote: I have tried to call the park office at Echo several times and haven't been able to get anyone to pick up the phone.

I understand that the boat ramp and main entry is closed for construction. My question is can I launch a float tube at any of the other access points, or is floating of any kind verboten for the time being?

Hey Dan, howya been?  I had the same question a couple of weeks ago and I managed to get someone live on the phone.  The answer is that you can still launch tubes, 'toons, yaks and paddleboards from any point you can park along the road and trudge down to the water.  The construction is due to be finished soon and ramp launching will be open sometime in October.
Doing well. I enjoyed our chat earlier as always.

Thanks Pat for your ever flowing fountain of knowledge and information.
(09-16-2022, 09:05 PM)fish_digger Wrote: Doing well. I enjoyed our chat earlier as always.

Thanks Pat for your ever flowing fountain of knowledge and information.
Lemme know what you find out about that potential access spot near the new campground.  And I look forward to joining you in October for some all species molestation.
There is a nice parking area and trail down to the lake just east of the new camp ground not bad access if the water has not dropped to much its been a month since i have been  there let us know I would like to put the kyack in up there
I too tried to call them this past week but could never get anyone to answer. However, Echo State Park has a Facebook page and they have been posting pictures of the new construction. I asked a question on their page about when the ramp would be open, and they answered November. So, who knows when for sure when it will be open. If possible, I'd love to join you two when it opens.
Hopefully, it will be open for ice fishing.  Lots of perch in there need to come for dinner with me this year.  ?
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
Don't waste your time, the state post signs on wendsday that there is n high Levi's of toxic algae in the lake. 
We launched the kayaks and found out how bad it was quickly, the water is redish blue in areas and big green gobulies in others visabilitie msybe 4 inches. We seen a few fish dying and the water has dropped 20 ft since 2wks ago that I was there.
It is Sad to see the  lake dropping so fast. At Least 2ft to 3 ft daily.
Exclamation
(09-18-2022, 03:25 AM)Addicted2eyes Wrote: Don't waste your time, the state post signs on wendsday that there is n high Levi's of toxic algae in the lake. 
We launched the kayaks and found out how bad it was quickly, the water is redish blue in areas and big green gobulies in others visabilitie msybe 4 inches. We seen a few fish dying and the water has dropped 20 ft since 2wks ago that I was there.
It is Sad to see the  lake dropping so fast. At Least 2ft to 3 ft daily.
Exclamation

Welcome back to the site and thanks for the info. That's really Sad to hear they are dropping the water level that fast, I guess it would explain why they are putting so much water in Willard and the water level is raising there. Ira and I dove by echo a few weeks ago and we were really surprised how high the water level was then. Have you heard if it's true that they don't plan on opening the ramp until Nov instead of Oct?