Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Deer Creek No Go off to strawberry
I have a buddy that is battling the big C and he is finally feeling good enough that he was able to come out for a day fishing. I took him and his brother-in-law and we headed up to deer Creek. However, upon arrival right about sunrise, we realized the ramp was just not worth taking a chance on. We hopped back in the truck and headed up to strawberry and launched about 40 minutes later. Got to our first spot in between mosquito Bay and mud Creek. Had some issues on the water, but got going and had to troll a little faster than I wanted to but got into the cuts right away. We released about four cuts in that area and then headed to Jake’s bay in the pursuit of some rainbows. once we got to Jake’s bay, within a few minutes, we had rainbows on the line. We caught them on flicker, shad, rapalas, and worm set ups. We headed back in about noon and kept eight rainbows and released about 6 to 8 fish. I let my buddies reel all the fish and I even cleaned them for them. It was great seeing him on the water. As we arrived water temps were 60° and only rose to about 61.5. Working on trying to get videos and some pictures so I have proof that I actually do catch fish.
At least you got out, glad to hear your friend was able to reel in some fish. Any size to the fish you caught? If you need any help posting your pics I can help you with that. I can't help you on the video though.
(09-20-2022, 10:55 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: At least you got out, glad to hear your friend was able to reel in some fish. Any size to the fish you caught? If you need any help posting your pics I can help you with that. I can't help you on the video though.

Sorry if I misled you that I actually took pics and video. I need to actually start doing that. There’s always something that comes up that requires more attention than the camera. Biggest fish was about 2.5 pounds most were well above pan size. The few rainbows we threw back were pan size. Guess I need to start measuring too!!!
(09-20-2022, 11:33 PM)Redrebel Wrote:
(09-20-2022, 10:55 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: At least you got out, glad to hear your friend was able to reel in some fish. Any size to the fish you caught? If you need any help posting your pics I can help you with that. I can't help you on the video though.

Sorry if I misled you that I actually took pics and video. I need to actually start doing that. There’s always something that comes up that requires more attention than the camera. Biggest fish was about 2.5 pounds most were well above pan size. The few rainbows we threw back were pan size. Guess I need to start measuring too!!!

OK, got ya, just thought you might be having problem posting pic. I forget to that pics at time too.