Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Deer Creek Boat Launches
The website says both launches are closed.  https://stateparks.utah.gov/parks/deer-creek/

It does say it is possible to launch a small boat. Mine launches in pretty shallow water. Has anyone tried recently or plan to tomorrow at the Island Resort Launch?

Thanks,
Matthew
I was up there a couple days ago. A couple gentleman went out with waders right before us and there was only about 5 feet of ramp left after the water line and a severe drop off after that. This is at the island launch. Main launch has a hazard and is completely shut down from my understanding. we chose to go elsewhere.
⚠️ A Warning Advisory has been issued for the Island Park area of Deer Creek Reservoir. A HAB is present. A Health Watch is in effect for the rest of the reservoir
Monitored for
HABS & waterborne pathogens
Thinking of driving on past to Jordanelle tomorrow. Are the lake lice still out?
Went to DC and fished near Sailboat bay. I have never seen the water so low. Somehow a few fishing boaters made it onto the water.  Saw a bass boat and other boats.  A few kayakers and canoes came by and even a snorkeler hunting for fish close to shore. 

I wonder what will happen to the Provo River when the canals in SLC shut of it Oct?  Will they shut down the flow. The lake was down a couple more feet since I was there two weeks ago.   

Fished from shore with powerbait. Fish have been well schooled and only pecked at the bait. No trout. Tried for bass. Nothing, but did see some others with some bass.
Usually Deer Creek will start to rise around the middle of October after the water season is over.
Live to hunt----- Hunt to live.
I stopped at the Island launch on Sunday to see if I wanted to launch on Monday. The launch is entirely out of the water. Only rocks and mud at the end. There was a guy with a motor home retrieving a boat. The rear wheels on the motor home were about 15' in front of the back end so he could keep them on the pavement. I suppose if you were brave enough and willing to put all 4 wheels in the mud a truck could launch a boat there. I was not brave enough and went to Jordanelle on Monday.
The DNR lady at Jordanelle, said that they were draining Deer Creek for some repair work.