Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Daily Dozen at Willard 9-23-22
(09-24-2022, 02:25 PM)doitall5000 Wrote: That's very interesting,  your pictures are very good. Those docks in the south marina really show how low it is. Makes me want to do a fact find finding mission. Love to see other exposed structures.
If you were to launch at the north marina and come down to the south, you can see a lot of newly exposed rocks and humps along the east dike north of the marina entrance.  These things are good to know when casting or trolling along that dike in high water.  From where I took the attached picture I could see some protruding rocks a ways out from the dike...still mostly underwater.  Hmmmmm?
[Image: LOW-TIDE.jpg]

(09-24-2022, 02:06 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: Great report and pics as usual. The belly on the big cat was as extended as much as the one Ira caught, likely full of dead or dying shad that you were likely seeing too. We had the same pop & drops you got too but with far less pick ups and takes that you got, looks like you picked the right day to go. Did you notice if any water was coming down the baffles on your drive in or out yesterday? Do you have any idea what is beside that big pump? We saw them unload it last week but could not figure what it was.

[Image: WATER-PUMP.jpg]

No idea what might be in that box...unless it is spare parts or some kind of generator.   

As previously reported by another BFTer, there is no water coming in now.  The canal has been drained.  The baffles were high and dry.  Not a drop coming in.

And yes, I did see a lot of dead small shad...less than 2".  Not only washed up on the ramp but quite a few out on the surface of the main lake too.  Saw a couple of terns lazily swoop down and pick a couple up.  But I'm betting they are staying pretty well fed too.  Never saw anything like a wiper splash but did see a few carp slurp up a couple of dead shadlets.  The murky water is a real handicap to sight feeding species...like wipers.  Unless they are cruising the surface...like carp...they will be unable to see the floaters.  But I'm guessing there are plenty of sinkers that are supplying all of the shad lovers.  And the balls of live ones are so thick all the predators have to do is open their mouths and swim through.

Messages In This Thread
Daily Dozen at Willard 9-23-22 - by TubeDude - 09-24-2022, 11:21 AM
RE: Daily Dozen at Willard 9-23-22 - by TubeDude - 09-24-2022, 02:34 PM
RE: Daily Dozen at Willard 9-23-22 - by TubeDude - 09-24-2022, 05:53 PM