Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fishing Rod Repairs?
It's been awhile (when ice fishing starts again, I'll be more regular in posting.  Just don't soft water fish as much these days).  Have a question and didn't know where to put it.  I have several rods that have brokenthe guides off at the tip.  Is there anyone local to the SLC area that repairs that sort of thing?  Thanks for the advice!
(09-24-2022, 01:55 PM)MWScott72 Wrote: It's been awhile (when ice fishing starts again, I'll be more regular in posting.  Just don't soft water fish as much these days).  Have a question and didn't know where to put it.  I have several rods that have broken the guides off at the tip.  Is there anyone local to the SLC area that repairs that sort of thing?  Thanks for the advice!

If it's just the rod tip, then Sportsmans repairs them and at a very fair price too. Just go to the area at the very back of the store, they have a area back there that puts line on your reels and repairs rod tips, at least the one in Riverdale does. Good luck.
(09-24-2022, 01:55 PM)MWScott72 Wrote: It's been awhile (when ice fishing starts again, I'll be more regular in posting.  Just don't soft water fish as much these days).  Have a question and didn't know where to put it.  I have several rods that have brokenthe guides off at the tip.  Is there anyone local to the SLC area that repairs that sort of thing?  Thanks for the advice!

Just a thought...you might wanna "upgrade" your tip top on your ice rods.  A lot of them come with guides that are pretty small...and ice up more easily.  When I build new ice rods I don't use standard tip tops.  I wrap on a larger size single foot guide to provide a wider gap and less icing.
[Image: ICE-ROD-TIP.jpg]

Great idea Pat, and thank you Wiperhunter for the info!
If you can't find anyone to fix them for you, I have a good supply of guides and tip tops.  And I work cheap.  And I'm worth it.