Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fall at the Berry
You can tell it's fall at Strawberry. Dodging waterfowl hunters in the morning fog. And they closed the campgrounds on Sunday. Couldn't find a fly they wouldn't eat. And apparently the tube jig guys are killing it. 
If you like looking at the fall colors the Indian Creek road is beautiful right now.

[Image: 2-CB8818-E-E88-A-4-E18-9340-2963-FF1-CAF32.jpg]

[Image: D0571-FCE-0780-4995-BE26-3-AD4-FF8-B3126.jpg]

[Image: 0-B3-D8-F87-810-A-423-F-B1-FB-22156-F0-AD902.jpg]
Love it...perhaps no more fun and beautiful place to be in the fall! Headed up there in a week and half to partake...can't wait!
Today I drove past chicken creek east. The new boat launch is being built. The steel is laid and the forms made, ready for concrete. Doesn't look very long and not very steep not sure how good it could be for large boats? Maybe that's the plan. Sorry I didn't get a picture.
Made it back for another couple days. 27 degrees was crisp at 730 but by 10 its pretty pleasant.
Stripping big streamers by day and the last hour or so of daylight the cutts go nuts for big foam. Could not get them to eat a mouse.
Pretty cool

[Image: Full-Size-Render.jpg]

[Image: IMG-2765.jpg]
(10-03-2022, 10:44 PM)doitall5000 Wrote: Today I drove past chicken creek east. The new boat launch is being built. The steel is laid and the forms made, ready for concrete.  Doesn't look very long and not very steep not sure how good it could be for large boats? Maybe that's the plan. Sorry I didn't get a picture.

I’ve seen the progress on the ramp as well on my last couple of outings. My understanding it is intended for small craft but I may be mistaken. 

Great job in your fish. We heard mixed reports on the tube jiggers and those trolling the strawberry killer. Some had little success and some did very well. I’m going to add one the my presentations next trip.
https://wri.utah.gov/wri/reports/Project...ml?id=5797
The project is listed as a "small watercraft boat launch"
Not sure what is considered "small watercraft" but I'm pretty sure my 16 ft Lund will be able to launch there . I can put it in a puddle.