Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
East Canyon Mon. A.M. 10-10-22
We did make it out to E.C. this A.M....son in-law and Air Force grandson here on leave...Turned out pretty good for us...lines in water 0845, and first one, within 5 minutes, was our biggest, just over 17"..two other better quality fish were around 16", and everything else was between 10 to 14"...so we released a lot of dinks, and kept others for their fish fry, and I fillet and give 75 to 100% of mine away to friends and the needy that can't fish for themselves...Yeah, they're slimy to handle, not my favorite to eat, but they can be fun to catch..several of ours today went airborne and put on a good show for us... yup, those are often the ones that get away, but that's ok...Most hits came 20 to 23' for us, but a couple at 34'...two planer boards set low early didn't do anything for us, 'til I added more weight and got both down to about 20'...one 3" green/orange rapalla style was outstanding off planer board, tipped w/small pc nite crawler ...chartreus spinners also worked great, tipped w/pink maggots, either with garlic flavor or kokanee feast...Weather cooperated all A.M. ... very good outing..guluk..
(10-11-2022, 04:02 AM)Jmorfish Wrote: We did make it out to E.C. this A.M....son in-law and Air Force grandson here on leave...Turned out pretty good for us...lines in water 0845, and first one, within 5 minutes, was our biggest, just over 17"..two other better quality fish were around 16", and everything else was between 10 to 14"...so we released a lot of dinks, and kept others for their fish fry, and I fillet and give 75 to 100% of mine away to friends and the needy that can't fish for themselves...Yeah, they're slimy to handle, not my favorite to eat, but they can be fun to catch..several of ours today went airborne and put on a good show for us... yup, those are often the ones that get away, but that's ok...Most hits came 20 to 23' for us, but a couple at 34'...two planer boards set low early didn't do anything for us, 'til I added more weight and got both down to about 20'...one 3" green/orange rapalla style was outstanding off planer board, tipped w/small pc nite crawler ...chartreus spinners also worked great, tipped w/pink maggots, either with garlic flavor or kokanee feast...Weather cooperated all A.M. ... very good outing..guluk..

Great detailed report Joe, thanks for sharing it with use, sounds like fun was had by all. How was the boat traffic, many water shiers or is the water temps getting too cold?
Only 1 boat was launching before we got there, 0745...2 or 3 shortly after us, and fishing most of the morning we saw maybe 7 or 8 other boats... about 1000 one wake boarder boat showed up, but just one was no problem....At the end of our day, up by the prep area, we saw an 'OG' take a fall out of his boat..he was up, and seemed to be ok...earlier this summer my buddy tripped and fell pretty bad while trying to step over my trailer toungue...We 'OG's' need to be a little more careful around our boats, while out on the water or back up loading/unloading...