Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mutant Sturgeon 10/18/22
Took my final trip to Idaho for the sturgeon season this week. Beautiful weather all week was forecasted. Met other BFTrs there that were also getting in their last hurrahs. I intended on learning the ins and outs of my new Helix 8 MSI. What an amazing machine. I only caught 2 sturgeon during my 3 days: one about 3 ft. and one about 4 1/2 ft. with a tumor or something growing out of it's stomach. Here is a couple cliips from my video.

[Image: 10182022-Moment.jpg]

[Image: 10182022-Moment-2.jpg]
Good fishing to all.   Hue
Good to hear you were able to get out for one last Sturgeon trip before the weather changes. I sure can't speak for that fish but I caught one once that had a cut on it's side, in that same location and the guy I was fishing with said it was likely made we someone went to set the hook and the hook cut the fish. Depending on how deep the cut, it is possible that some of the fishes internal organs popped out, kind of like a hernia but the only way to know for sure would be for a biologist to looked at the fish.
I can't see that living very long 

here are some we got we did good we did not take a lot of pitchers   three of us, one lives by me and is the first time he has fished with me.

[Image: DSCN3117.jpg]

[Image: DSCN3138.jpg]

[Image: DSCN3142.jpg]

[Image: DSCN3143.jpg]

this one is close to 8 feet