Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need a boat and trailer ?
Friday I went up to Strawberry and walked the shore since my boat is still not fixed. I wasn't sure of the road to Renegade so I went past the ladders and pulled off where the gravel piles and road barriers are stored. The snow wasn't very bad at all and made me wish I had gone to more familiar places. I walked the shoreline for quite a ways and picked up some high slot cutts and some rainbows. One of the rainbows was a chunky 18 incher that took a while to land. I ended up at the point straight across from the main marina just before you can get in the narrows. The last few times up to Strawberry I have picked up trash on my way back to the car and even brought a few extra grocery sacks to use. I quickly filled multiple sacks and couldn't take out any more. I need to start taking bigger hefty garbage sacks. I found a lot of the normal garbage but did find some odd stuff. I found 4 quarts of oil, power steering fluid, dish soap, gas treatment, six nearly full bottles of power bait, a large net, lots of tires, hats, shoes, boat dock flotation unit, and a boat and trailer. The boat and trailer are definite fixer uppers. They are under water when the lake is full. Not sure how they got where they are but look like they have been there quite a while. The boat and trailer could be pulled out with a long winch line since they are just below where I parked. So if you want a boat project I know where one is. Smile
What? No bodies in barrels?
(10-29-2022, 09:40 PM)RockyRaab2 Wrote: What? No bodies in barrels?
Those are in SC side.
(10-29-2022, 09:40 PM)RockyRaab2 Wrote: What? No bodies in barrels?

No but lots of 5 gallon buckets and a garbage can, maybe I should have checked closer.
Just a guess, but I imagine that the last time the lake was low, somebody tried to skip the outrageous launch fee and backed down the beach - and got the trailer so stuck that the only choice was to save the tow vehicle and abandon the boat.