Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jordanelle Sunday 10/30
Three of us fly fished in the Rockcliff arm Sunday, caught and kept 9 fat Bows. Appears they are allowing parking on the main ramp after launching.
(10-31-2022, 08:07 PM)fishgiver Wrote: Three of us fly fished in the Rockcliff arm Sunday, caught and kept 9 fat Bows. Appears they are allowing parking on the main ramp after launching.

They aren't allowing it per se, there's a big sign on either side that says "No parking on launch ramp" - people are just lazy and inconsiderate, so they do it anyways.
(10-31-2022, 10:24 PM)BYUHunter Wrote:
(10-31-2022, 08:07 PM)fishgiver Wrote: Three of us fly fished in the Rockcliff arm Sunday, caught and kept 9 fat Bows. Appears they are allowing parking on the main ramp after launching.

They aren't allowing it per se, there's a big sign on either side that says "No parking on launch ramp" - people are just lazy and inconsiderate, so they do it anyways.

That is a bold statement. There are lots of us that consider this a difficult walk, so we should just stay home so we don't get in your way.
(11-01-2022, 05:18 PM)doitall5000 Wrote:

That is a bold statement. There are lots of us that consider this a difficult walk, so we should just stay home so we don't get in your way.

You should follow the rules. It has nothing to do with my way.
(11-04-2022, 05:59 PM)BYUHunter Wrote:

I think what Doitall is saying is, how would your Father or Grandfather do having to walk up and down that long ramp, with these low water conditions. It's one thing to following the law but in practice it's a totally different thing, besides, as few of people that use the ramp this time of the year, is it really that big of a deal to park on the ramp?
I thought it didn’t open till 30 November?
(11-04-2022, 06:46 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote:
(11-04-2022, 05:59 PM)BYUHunter Wrote:

I think what Doitall is saying is, how would your Father or Grandfather do having to walk up and down that long ramp, with these low water conditions. It's one thing to following the law but in practice it's a totally different thing, besides, as few of people that use the ramp this time of the year, is it really that big of a deal to park on the ramp?
On a more positive note, koke season is open again, yahoo!!

"On a more positive note, koke season is open again, yahoo!!" Actually Kokanee season is closed through November 30. Doesn't open until December 1st. I am not trying to be argumentative but I don't want anyone reading this post to get any illegal ideas. As far back as I can remember Kokanee season has closed every year from September 10 - November 30. 
Oops, my bad, I'll delete that comment, thanks guys for the heads up, sure thought it was the 1st of Nov

Can you see the main ramp from Rock Cliff?  Or did you mean Ross Creek?
Rock Cliff is where the Provo  river leaves the Victory Ranch sportsman's access, to the reservoir at what ever level that is.  There is a ramp at Rock Cliff but I think the water is to low for it's use. Even if you were all of the way out to the end of the Provo arm you would still only see the PWC ramp.
It is Hailstone that people are talking about .   And it is no big deal that you park on the the ramp this time of year .  Dah !  Calm down !   Let's have a fishing report  .  Thanks  Big Grin Heart