Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scofield 10/29/22
Sorry this is a little late, but myself, my dad and my buddy Paul had an amazing last boat trip to Scofield. Arrived around 730ish. Boat battery was dead, but managed to get it going. Launched no problem from the main ramp. Fished until 130. We caught well over 150 fish. We all lost count but the last three hours were as fast as you could manage your poles. Caught most of the fish on white tubes tipped with minnows. My dad caught some on a small swim bait and we caught some on jerk baits, including one nice tiger muskie. I will say that tiger trout prefer the jerk bait. I would catch three or four in a row before I got a cut on it. All trout were in the slot limit, but they were fat and healthy and just as big as the average fish at Strawberry. Really looking forward to ice fishing it this year. We caught lots of fish over the 3LB mark. It was a great trip and none of us wanted to leave but I had a time limit before my wife had to work. Someone has to watch the kids I guess. 
Good fishing everyone! Sorry about the no pics. I might get them on here later.
Great report, sure is nice to hear Scofield is doing so well, especially that the cutts are as big as Strawberry. How long would you say the Tiger muskie was?
(11-08-2022, 10:50 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: Great report, sure is nice to hear Scofield is doing so well, especially that the cutts are as big as Strawberry. How long would you say the Tiger muskie was?

We figure right about 36”. Didn’t measure to get an exact.

[Image: Buttars.jpg]
I fixed your pic for you. Here is the method we need to use to post pics.
https://bigfishtackle.com/forum/showthre...id=1101135
That's pretty cool, you were up there fishing for trout and you catch a TM.
Wow, sounds like a GREAT trip! That musky looks plenty healthy. Good to hear the tigers are still voracious.
Thanks for the nice report!
Great report!! It has been good all year!