Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Veterans Day Perspective
It was a duty and an honor to serve, but allow me this observation:

The federal government closes banks, schools, and the Post Office to honor Martin Luther King, but not for veterans. That's all you need to know about how the government values veterans.
I agree, for all veterans have done for this country they treated very poorly.
I was wrong about closing the PO, and bank/school closures appear to vary state to state.

I suspect that a lot of Vietnam vets like myself are quite bitter over how we've been treated for the past 50 years.
(11-11-2022, 08:52 PM)RockyRaab2 Wrote: I was wrong about closing the PO, and bank/school closures appear to vary state to state.

I suspect that a lot of Vietnam vets like myself are quite bitter over how we've been treated for the past 50 years.

Yes sir. 
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
(11-11-2022, 08:52 PM)RockyRaab2 Wrote: I was wrong about closing the PO, and bank/school closures appear to vary state to state.

You can bet that if it was a matter of protecting big oil or large bank accounts was the goal, they'd have been treated better.
I was in the Air Force during Vietnam and was always against American lives and the big money wasted (which was great for contractors).
I retired from the VA as a med. tech after 15 years and never cared about how much more I could have made outside the VA. It was my honor to meet with vets of all wars from 1941 and later - especially those that were in combat resulting in amputation or other disability (physical and/or mental).