Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
On the Ice at Henry's
Me and Shawn got on the ice today. Around 7am we first hit the cliffs on the South side. The ice around 4 inches thick. We fished close to the bank in 7 to 10 feet of water. We each got nice 4 pound 22 inch cutbows. But only 2 fish in two hours. So we drove down to our favorite spot by Stanley's and fished a couple hours. The ice only 3 inches. I got another and Shawn got four the biggest another 4 pound 22 incher.
(11-13-2022, 10:12 PM)fast_randy Wrote: Me and Shawn got on the ice today. Around 7am we first hit the cliffs on the South side. The ice around 4 inches thick. We fished close to the bank in 7 to 10 feet of water. We each got nice 4 pound 22 inch cutbows. But only 2 fish in two hours. So we drove down to our favorite spot by Stanley's and fished a couple hours. The ice only 3 inches. I got another and Shawn got four the biggest another 4 pound 22 incher.

Fun day with Randy, I got all mine on my standard White with red flake Gitzilla tipped with meal worm. Didn’t mark many fish and hooked most I did. Scattered fish fairly aggressive bite when one came around. The Hybrids fought like mini stealhead, very fat and sassy.
[Image: 0-E3-CA1-A1-96-A4-43-B2-9-F04-5-C89854-F7471.jpg]I’m 

[Image: 5-C01-A3-BB-19-B5-447-E-A46-C-8-E7-AD3568851.jpg]

[Image: 793-CC692-FDA6-42-ED-8-C09-75-D46-FB85036.jpg]
Looks like some great trout there, thanks for sharing your report and pics. First ice fishing report of the season for the Idaho board, awesome. Were there a lot of folks out there today?
(11-13-2022, 10:57 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: Looks like some great trout there, thanks for sharing your report and pics. First ice fishing report of the season for the Idaho board, awesome. Were there a lot of folks out there today?

Only saw about a dozen groups spread out between the cliffs and the hatchery.
congrats you two, sounds like a great trip.... Always love to hit Henry's early... Too bad I'm tied up for two weeks... Thanks for the report and great job... Later J
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!
That looks like a pretty good day.
Well done you two, looking forward to meeting up and hitting the hard deck together
Yes Allen. I look forward to fishing with you again. I hit Chesterfield today. See my report.
Big Grin 
Looking forward to Henry's next summer when that darn ice is off . Big Grin