Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bear Lake
Its been a while since I've posted on here. Seems like I've had to switch user names a few time over the past couple of years. here is my latest report.

Fished Bear lake over the weekend. Its been really cold over there as for the weather. Fishing was slow with 1 nice cut and a few smaller ones. We trolled out of the marina and over the rock pile. Marked lots of fish but not a lot of takers. I'm guessing the Lakers are busy spawning right now. The whitefish fishing should be coming on good here in a couple of weeks. Best time to fish Bear lake is coming up. Stay tuned.
Thanks for the report. What was your prior user name(s)?
(11-14-2022, 05:50 PM)kentofnsl Wrote: Thanks for the report.  What was your prior user name(s)?

Fishcarver 
Troutcarver
Thanks for the report... Looking forward to whitefish time... always fun to give them a try if the weather is not too nasty... Later J
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!
(11-14-2022, 05:06 PM)King Trout Wrote: Its been a while since I've posted on here. Seems like I've had to switch user names a few time over the past couple of years. here is my latest report.

Fished Bear lake over the weekend. Its been really cold over there as for the weather. Fishing was slow with 1 nice cut and a few smaller ones. We trolled out of the marina and over the rock pile. Marked lots of fish but not a lot of takers. I'm guessing the Lakers are busy spawning right now. The whitefish fishing should be coming on good here in a couple of weeks. Best time to fish Bear lake is coming up. Stay tuned.
It's been really good this year hopefully it continues into the winter did they have the agitators going in the marina
Any idea on when the bonneville whitefish spawn will be? Will this year be early or late?
(11-16-2022, 09:28 PM)Lundboy54 Wrote:
(11-14-2022, 05:06 PM)King Trout Wrote: Its been a while since I've posted on here. Seems like I've had to switch user names a few time over the past couple of years. here is my latest report.

It's been really good this year hopefully it continues into the winter did they have the agitators going in the marina

Agitators are going.
(11-17-2022, 10:17 PM)torowy Wrote: Any idea on when the bonneville whitefish spawn will be? Will this year be early or late?

I would suspect it's time to start watching for white fish now... Usually the last of November, early December will show some fish, but with low water and all, they may be on a whole new area when they start to spawn... Hope the weather and fish line up with when I can join the party... I'm thinking a week from this weekend for when I'll make a trip over to check, unless I've heard something sooner... Good luck... J
(11-24-2022, 02:58 PM)SkunkedAgain Wrote:
(11-17-2022, 10:17 PM)torowy Wrote: Any idea on when the bonneville whitefish spawn will be? Will this year be early or late?

I would suspect it's time to start watching for white fish now... Usually the last of November, early December will show some fish, but with low water and all, they may be on a whole new area when they start to spawn... Hope the weather and fish line up with when I can join the party... I'm thinking a week from this weekend for when I'll make a trip over to check, unless I've heard something sooner... Good luck... J

Was over monday and noticed a few on the pile but didn't try to catch any
(11-25-2022, 12:11 AM)Lundboy54 Wrote:

Thanks for keeping us updated on the whitefish at BL. Looking forward to a trip up there soon.
(11-27-2022, 09:33 PM)RILEYFISH Wrote:

Thanks for keeping us updated on the whitefish at BL. Looking forward to a trip up there soon.
We got a few on the Rockpile on Friday. Only spent an hour on them, but got 5 or so. The fishing on Bear Lake has been the toughest I can remember this year. If I had to guess, the ice access last year put a dent in the population of lake trout. Has been brutal for us. I’m throwing up the white flag and putting the boat away. 
[Image: 3-AFEE285-2696-4722-8-A1-E-6668-B3-A8-B36-C.jpg]
(11-28-2022, 12:49 AM)MACMAN Wrote:
(11-27-2022, 09:33 PM)RILEYFISH Wrote:

We got a few on the Rockpile on Friday. Only spent an hour on them, but got 5 or so. The fishing on Bear Lake has been the toughest I can remember this year. If I had to guess, the ice access last year put a dent in the population of lake trout. Has been brutal for us. I’m throwing up the white flag and putting the boat away. 
[Image: 3-AFEE285-2696-4722-8-A1-E-6668-B3-A8-B36-C.jpg]

Wonder what I did to lose my reply, must not have been that good.... Did want to agree with you about the ice probably causing more fish to be taken last year... It let's a lot of the meat fishermen get to the fish and it was a long season on ice, so I'm sure a lot more fish were kept than a normal year... Hopefully that will make more food and better quality fish this coming year... I did see a couple snakey fish come through the ice last winter... They were the first skinny fish I've seen in a long time out of the lake... Kind of like the eighties fish used to be...

I was just hoping to take my boat over to the lake, so I hope there are a few left to catch... sorry to hear it's been a tough year for you... Later J