Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ice on Mill Hollow
I know early ice is usually kept pretty secret. But Mill Hollow is frozen. I was there Monday 11/14 form 8-1. I caught 14 on regular stuff. Mix of rainbow, tiger, and brook trout. Ice was about 4-5 inches and noisy. I was the only one there and like I said the ice was super noisy, so I didn't venture very far. I fished right by the dam in 5 ft of water. The road was snow covered but was plowed and logging trucks were still going up and down the road.
(11-15-2022, 03:04 PM)lonefisherman Wrote: I know early ice is usually kept pretty secret. But Mill Hollow is frozen. I was there Monday 11/14 form 8-1. I caught 14 on regular stuff. Mix of rainbow, tiger, and brook trout. Ice was about 4-5 inches and noisy. I was the only one there and like I said the ice was super noisy, so I didn't venture very far. I fished right by the dam in 5 ft of water. The road was snow covered but was plowed and logging trucks were still going up and down the road.

Great report, thanks for sharing the info with us. As cold as it's been I guess it's not surprising that it's frozen but the news that we can still drive to it is awesome, I guess they will keep it open as long as they are still logging. Love the variety of trout they have in it.
Been by it several times looking for moose, never stopped to fish lake it though. Might have to buzz up this winter