Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2022/23 Ice Challenge SkunkedAgain
Thanks Paul, I think they are the best I've gotten in quite a few years... I was pretty amazed to see the first one and then only a few minutes apart the second was on the line... Thank you for the well wish... Jeff
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!
Nice Slabs!!!

Black crappie - 14.5
Bear Lake
2-24-23
Cutthroat 19”. 

[Image: 004-A8-ABF-8-E24-4-F85-AC00-6922600-EAECB.jpg]
Cutthroat trout - 19
3-3-23
Bear Lake
Bonneville Whitefish 19.5”

[Image: 153541-E1-9-C62-4276-A7-A3-4-B2-CE929-E535.jpg]
3-4-23
Cutler
LMB. 18.5”

[Image: AC056-D13-48-AC-41-A2-A55-E-476-FC1-DB4-C5-A.jpg]

[Image: 2-D06-D623-F8-D8-497-C-86-C6-B0-E6-EE25-E867.jpg]
Wow! Couple good fish. Toad bass!

Bonneville whitefish - 19.5
Largemouth bass - 18.5
Thank you. Got to tell a little story about that bass, I set my jaw jacker today, it never catches anything, but I set it anyway... Most of the way through the morning I went over to check that everything was okay and it wasn't froze up or anything and I noticed the line to the side like a fish was on, so I started to lift the jacker and it set off and hooked the bass, after a clutzy try to get my rod out of the holder I tried to reel in some of the line it was peeling off the reel... That's when I realized I hadn't tightened my reel handle down... Panic started to set in as I was back stepping to keep the line tight while I tried to get my gloves off and tighten down the handle... I eventually succeeded and got to battle that monster... As it's head came up through the 6" hole it just verily fit and luckily I was able to lip it to keep it from getting off... Today was really slow, only two fish, and cold as can be, but man I'm glad I was there when that fish came through... I think that's the best one I've ever gotten in the winter contest, so I was pretty happy with it... Thank you...  Jeff
Wow! That's awesome. That would have been pretty comical to watch.
I'm sure it was, amazing how clutzy I can be sometimes... bet I check the reel handle next time out... Later Jeff
3-10-23
Bear Lake
Sucker. 22”

[Image: FD96-E1-BD-6-E3-D-4342-B4-E2-2-FB0108-FDE95.jpg]
That's a great fish. I don't think many realize that's state-record territory.
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

Utah sucker - 22
Boy, do I feel like an idiot now. I musta thought that was a whitefish. Good fish nonetheless.
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

You got me looking up the record, it's 25" for the Utah Sucker... I kind of thought suckers got bigger than this, at least some of the ones I've caught out of the Salmon river while fishing for steelhead have been bigger, but they are probably a different species... They sure pull when you hook one in the river current... Later J