Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2022/23 Ice Challenge SkunkedAgain
Thank you. Got to tell a little story about that bass, I set my jaw jacker today, it never catches anything, but I set it anyway... Most of the way through the morning I went over to check that everything was okay and it wasn't froze up or anything and I noticed the line to the side like a fish was on, so I started to lift the jacker and it set off and hooked the bass, after a clutzy try to get my rod out of the holder I tried to reel in some of the line it was peeling off the reel... That's when I realized I hadn't tightened my reel handle down... Panic started to set in as I was back stepping to keep the line tight while I tried to get my gloves off and tighten down the handle... I eventually succeeded and got to battle that monster... As it's head came up through the 6" hole it just verily fit and luckily I was able to lip it to keep it from getting off... Today was really slow, only two fish, and cold as can be, but man I'm glad I was there when that fish came through... I think that's the best one I've ever gotten in the winter contest, so I was pretty happy with it... Thank you...  Jeff
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2022/23 Ice Challenge SkunkedAgain - by SkunkedAgain - 03-05-2023, 02:54 AM