Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Newton?
Had a buddy tell me today that some one was brave enough to try the ice out there. Any one able to confirm this?
I see A report on the ice fishing contest of a caught perch from Newton. So that person was likey Skunkedagain testing the thickness
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
I may have been on the ice out there, but I was the chicken that didn't dare go out in the middle... Shawn may have been the brave one that was out on the skinny ice... Every time I started to walk closer to him the ice would crack under me and send me back to the thicker area... Looked like about 3" maybe a little more.... Really slow fishing, I got two perch in 4.5 hours.... More heart attacks than bites for me... There was a guy and his kid that showed up as I was leaving and he scared the crap out of me, he let his kid take off and go anywhere on the ice with out checking or a life jacket, not very smart for first ice that freezes at different times and has different thicknesses every little ways... I was afraid we'd be trying to rescue a kid that had fallen through... Maybe I'm too much of an ice chicken, but sometimes I think people are stupid.. I can see me risking my own life, but I'm not going to let my kid drown letting him go anywhere without checking it out first... But anyway yes there is ice, it's still a little scary for chickens and fat guys, so I'd like it a little better, but it's getting there... Later J
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!