Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mantua drive by
I took a look-see at Mantua this morning. I was curious because of the unusually colder temps we have been having. A good portion of the east side is frozen over. Obviously not near the creek inlet, but north of there, it has an ice cap. I didn't drive around to investigate ice thickness, but I would guess by the second week of December there should be good ice and maybe sooner, it just depends on the temps. I sure have the itch to catch something through the ice soon. Also, it looks as if parts of Willard are capping too, but I didn't go in for a close look.
Gabe
(11-20-2022, 06:44 PM)Freakyfisherman Wrote: I took a look-see at Mantua this morning. I was curious because of the unusually colder temps we have been having. A good portion of the east side is frozen over. Obviously not near the creek inlet, but north of there, it has an ice cap. I didn't drive around to investigate ice thickness, but I would guess by the second week of December there should be good ice and maybe sooner, it just depends on the temps. I sure have the itch to catch something through the ice soon. Also, it looks as if parts of Willard are capping too, but I didn't go in for a close look.
Gabe

I went a little farther and went into the North marina at Willard and watched a boat launch, then a pontoon. There was a small amount of skim ice in the channel but the area right outside the channel was open water. It might be different early in the morning.
It’s getting close.