Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
World's biggest goldfish caught
[font=Times New Roman", "serif]An angler named Andy Hackett has just caught one of the world's biggest goldfish...weighing in at 67 lbs. 4 oz.  The enormous specimen was found in a fishery in France by British angler Hackett, who reportedly spent over 25 minutes reeling the fish in.[/font]

[font=Times New Roman", "serif]Nicknamed "The Carrot", the fish is a hybrid species of a leather carp and a koi carp...which are traditionally orange in color.  The Carrot is thought to be more than 20 years old, as it was placed in the lake in Champagne, France when it was very small.[/font]

[font=Times New Roman", "serif]"We put The Carrot in about 20 years ago as something different for the customers to fish for.  Since then it has grown and grown but it doesn't often come out."  said the lake owner.  "She has been very elusive"  [/font]

[font=Times New Roman", "serif]"I always knew The Carrot was in there but never thought I would catch it" Hackett said.[/font]

[Image: GOLDFISH-1.webp] [Image: GOLDFISH-2.webp]
Wow, that thing is a monster.
Yeah.  You're gonna need a bigger bowl.
My thoughts exactly Pat, kind of a slob looking monster, so it sounds like this is a private lake of sorts... Wonder what bait he used, full container of fish flakes???? Later J
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!
(11-24-2022, 02:51 PM)SkunkedAgain Wrote: My thoughts exactly Pat, kind of a slob looking monster, so it sounds like this is a private lake of sorts... Wonder what bait he used, full container of fish flakes????  Later J

The article did not mention his bait.  But in Europe they have a bazillion different fancy dough baits they use for carp.  It is a religion over there.