Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scofield again
Well after the last boat trip in late October and catching over 200 between three people, my dad and I were itching to get back there. Found time to do that this past Saturday, 11/26. 4 of us went up and arrived around 745ish. We were kind of surprised by the amount of people that were there. We knew there would be a lot, but at one point I turned to my dad and said, "I didn't realize we went to Fish Lake." I have never seen so many people on Scofield before. 
After seeing the amount of tents and people, we headed to where we fished in the boat away from most of the tents and set up. Unfortunately the fishing wasn't as good as it was from the boat in October. We fished until 12:15 and between the 4 of us we managed 180, give or take a few. We each lost count a couple of times. It was close to that though. White tubes tipped with minnow worked best. My dad tried worms for a bit and caught a couple, but the bite wasn't near as good as it was with the minnow. We fished from 15' to about 10-12' of water and caught them from the bottom to just under the ice. Biggest was 19.5. I lost one two feet under the hole that I think may have been close to breaking the slot. It was a nice fish. Most were cuts with maybe ten bows and around that in tigers as well. Beautiful day up there and it was great to be out on the ice again. 
Goo fishing and tight lines all!
(11-28-2022, 01:44 PM)Buttars Wrote: Well after the last boat trip in late October and catching over 200 between three people, my dad and I were itching to get back there. Found time to do that this past Saturday, 11/26. 4 of us went up and arrived around 745ish. We were kind of surprised by the amount of people that were there. We knew there would be a lot, but at one point I turned to my dad and said, "I didn't realize we went to Fish Lake." I have never seen so many people on Scofield before. 
After seeing the amount of tents and people, we headed to where we fished in the boat away from most of the tents and set up. Unfortunately the fishing wasn't as good as it was from the boat in October. We fished until 12:15 and between the 4 of us we managed 180, give or take a few. We each lost count a couple of times. It was close to that though. White tubes tipped with minnow worked best. My dad tried worms for a bit and caught a couple, but the bite wasn't near as good as it was with the minnow. We fished from 15' to about 10-12' of water and caught them from the bottom to just under the ice. Biggest was 19.5. I lost one two feet under the hole that I think may have been close to breaking the slot. It was a nice fish. Most were cuts with maybe ten bows and around that in tigers as well. Beautiful day up there and it was great to be out on the ice again. 
I'm going to ask the ever popular question...How thick was the ice?  I'm assuming if you went where you fished in a boat that you took some kind of machine across the ice?  Was there much snow on the ice?  Sorry for all the questions.  Thanks for a great report!
Sorry that you had to suffer through such a slow day. Wink
(11-28-2022, 08:16 PM)Fisharefriends Wrote:
(11-28-2022, 01:44 PM)Buttars Wrote: Well after the last boat trip in late October and catching over 200 between three people, my dad and I were itching to get back there. Found time to do that this past Saturday, 11/26. 4 of us went up and arrived around 745ish. We were kind of surprised by the amount of people that were there. We knew there would be a lot, but at one point I turned to my dad and said, "I didn't realize we went to Fish Lake." I have never seen so many people on Scofield before. 
I'm going to ask the ever popular question...How thick was the ice?  I'm assuming if you went where you fished in a boat that you took some kind of machine across the ice?  Was there much snow on the ice?  Sorry for all the questions.  Thanks for a great report!

It was at least 6 inches. No snow on the ice. We walked to where we fished. We did see a couple of different snowmobiles and snow dogs out there though.
(11-28-2022, 09:59 PM)Buttars Wrote:

It was at least 6 inches. No snow on the ice. We walked to where we fished. We did see a couple of different snowmobiles and snow dogs out there though.

I forgot to ask one last question...Is there snow on the ramps so a snowmobile can get to the ice without going over open pavement?  I am going up there the middle of this week and I'm trying to decide if I bring my chained up ATV or my snowmobile.  Thanks again!
(11-28-2022, 10:27 PM)Fisharefriends Wrote:
(11-28-2022, 09:59 PM)Buttars Wrote:

I forgot to ask one last question...Is there snow on the ramps so a snowmobile can get to the ice without going over open pavement?  I am going up there the middle of this week and I'm trying to decide if I bring my chained up ATV or my snowmobile.  Thanks again!
There was basically no snow up there. After yesterday, that is probably different now though.

Any tips on finding that deeper water? I had trouble finding anything deeper than 8ft.