Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ice Fishing report
Hello all:

It has been many years since I have logged into this site (probably 10 years, I could be wrong).  I decided to return and post a report.

I took my two son's, my wife and my one sons girlfriend to Little Creek Reservoir ice fishing on Saturday.  As we were taking a first time Ice Fisherman, we

decided that this would be the best choice as it is easy to get to and usually easy to catch fish.  We started about 8:00 and realized we had forgotten
the heaters.  After some finger pointing and blaming, me and my wife went back home to get them.

By the time we returned, they had caught a lot of fish.  We fished until about 1:00 and we had caught over 120 between the 5 of us.  They were all
planter size and I believe my son kept 3 of them to eat.  We released all of the others.

I usually hesitate posting too much information about a small lake but given the distance to get here and the fact that it is often drained during the fall, I would encourage people to take kids and/beginners here.  We have taken many people here in the past and they really enjoy it.

Tackle:  We fished small 1/32" Oz. soft jigs (I always use this size or 1/64").  We tipped them with either a salmon egg or wax worm and they both 
worked well.  I also used smelly jelly.

Conditions were great and the ice was 5"+.....
Welcome back and thanks for posting. It has been many years since I fished Little Creek. I remember our results being similar to yours. How far did you have to drive to pick up your heaters?
Ken:

Thanks Kent. I live in Garden City. It was about 40 minutes from my house but worth it as we wanted to make it a good trip.

That will likely be my last trip there for the year as I want to hit some other spots and try out the new ice.
Welcome back and thanks for the report. It has been a while since I last fished there as well but good to hear it is still fishing good. It is a long drive to get there, so I doubt many members will make that long drive but there are folks that like to fish, out of the way places, so your report is much appreciated. 
Question, did you have any problems getting back on the site? Some members are having problems getting back on after being off for just a few weeks, so it's great to see some members are not having a problem.
(11-29-2022, 07:43 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: Welcome back and thanks for the report. It has been a while since I last fished there as well but good to hear it is still fishing good. It is a long drive to get there, so I doubt many members will make that long drive but there are folks that like to fish, out of the way places, so your report is much appreciated. 
Question, did you have any problems getting back on the site? Some members are having problems getting back on after being off for just a few weeks, so it's great to see some members are not having a problem.

thanks, not a big problem getting back on
(11-29-2022, 06:19 PM)cadresults Wrote: Hello all:

It has been many years since I have logged into this site (probably 10 years, I could be wrong).  I decided to return and post a report.

I took my two son's, my wife and my one sons girlfriend to Little Creek Reservoir ice fishing on Saturday.  As we were taking a first time Ice Fisherman, we

decided that this would be the best choice as it is easy to get to and usually easy to catch fish.  We started about 8:00 and realized we had forgotten
the heaters.  After some finger pointing and blaming, me and my wife went back home to get them.

By the time we returned, they had caught a lot of fish.  We fished until about 1:00 and we had caught over 120 between the 5 of us.  They were all
planter size and I believe my son kept 3 of them to eat.  We released all of the others.

I usually hesitate posting too much information about a small lake but given the distance to get here and the fact that it is often drained during the fall, I would encourage people to take kids and/beginners here.  We have taken many people here in the past and they really enjoy it.

Tackle:  We fished small 1/32" Oz. soft jigs (I always use this size or 1/64").  We tipped them with either a salmon egg or wax worm and they both 
worked well.  I also used smelly jelly.

Conditions were great and the ice was 5"+.....
Thanks for taking into consideration what a post may do to a small body of water. Also, thanks for sharing a good spot to take first-timers. Been a good number of years since I logged onto the site as well and looks like it's still good folks sharing a passion. Good luck and stay safe as ice season continues!