Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Galveston Bay Fishing Report 12-15-22
I know this time of the year people are busy with during holiday season, but it is an excellent time of the year to take a fishing trip in Galveston Texas. The weather down here doesn't really get that cold and we are able to fish year round. The fish tend to migrate to certain areas during the fall and winter months and once you find them you can really start having some very productive outings.
 I have been fishing some shallow flats and drop offs that are close to the deep channel water. The fish tend to come from the deep water and feed in the shallow areas because the warmer water is where the bait will be. Moving around and finding active bait and feeding fish is the key to having an awesome day on the water. I have been trying to fish certain areas at the beginning of the incoming and outgoing tides. Seems like the fish are feeding better on that movement.
 I have been using live shrimp under a popping cork fishing about a foot or two off the bottom. We have been catching some healthy speckled trout and red fish and the occasional drum, flounder and sheepshead. Most of the fish have been keepers, but some days we have caught a good number of throw backs. I am happy to see that our fish are really healthy looking.
 I will stay fishing in this area probably towards the end of Feb. then I will start fishing the West Bay and lower Galveston areas. The trout and red fish will start migrating to that area once the weather and water start to warm up. I hope you enjoyed the report. Until next time, see you on the water.

Capt. Alan
Galveston Fishing Guides
Galveston Fishing Charters

[Image: Group.jpg]       
[Image: John.jpg]