Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ice catfish
(01-06-2023, 02:52 PM)utwalleye Wrote:
(01-06-2023, 02:40 PM)SkunkedAgain Wrote:
(01-06-2023, 02:28 PM)utwalleye Wrote: Hey Guys, check this one out, I caught 2 weeks ago in Boyd lake Loveland Co. was about 30in. caught on a rattle master
with a minnow head in 28 fow.
[Image: IMG-20221223-142341659.jpg]

Great cat and especially through and ice  hole... Were you working that lure fast and actively? I've found the cats usually bite a lower active presentation for me... Bet that was an interesting fight... My 21"er took some patience to get wore down and through the hole and that's nothing compared to a 30"er... great job... Thanks for posting... J

I shake it light in place until I see the fish show up then start to rise it very slow, if he fallows watch your very close, they will slack line hit
and you won't even feel a thing and he's gone just like that. sometimes when I start to move it up they leave real fast other times they hang out for a few and then leave, but the ones that fallow it up are the ones that will hit.

Thanks for those tips, I need to find cats in deep enough water that I see them on my sonar so I can tell if they will follow... Most of my cat area is so shallow the sonar doesn't even work, but I'd like to find a spot like that so I could do it that way... Thank you for the great details.. Jeff
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!
Really nice cat