Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ATV's and Snow at scofield
I'm taking my Dad down to scofield on Monday the 26th and was wondering if anyone has any clue if there is too much snow on the ice for my ATV's? I don't have tracks but do have good tires. I have sportsman 500s. My dad can't walk much so I was hoping to just ride the ATV's out onto the lake.
yesterday, 20 dec. there was a two seat sxs on the ice. did not have a problem.
How was the fishing yesterday @mr J?
(12-23-2022, 02:17 PM)copple2 Wrote: How was the fishing yesterday @mr J?

not great, but we released enough to keep us interested. best bite was about 1pm. i think every fish in that pond has been released at least twice. lots of pressure up there.
(12-23-2022, 06:02 PM)Mr. J Wrote:
(12-23-2022, 02:17 PM)copple2 Wrote: How was the fishing yesterday @mr J?

not great, but we released enough to keep us interested. best bite was about 1pm. i think every fish in that pond has been released at least twice. lots of pressure up there.

Thanks for the heads up. We are gonna get the kids out tomorrow to give it a go.
We went out on Xmas eve and had a fun trip. Didn't get on the lake till 9am and fished till noon. The bite was steady until 11:30 or so. All the kids caught fish. A handful were really chunky rainbows and Cutts. It's good to see this vs the skinny snakes from a few years ago.

No slush to report.
(12-27-2022, 02:49 PM)copple2 Wrote: We went out on Xmas eve and had a fun trip. Didn't get on the lake till 9am and fished till noon. The bite was steady until 11:30 or so. All the kids caught fish. A handful were really chunky rainbows and Cutts. It's good to see this vs the skinny snakes from a few years ago.

No slush to report.

Thanks for the report, good to hear the cutts are getting thicker, any chubs?
(12-27-2022, 09:12 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote:
(12-27-2022, 02:49 PM)copple2 Wrote: We went out on Xmas eve and had a fun trip. Didn't get on the lake till 9am and fished till noon. The bite was steady until 11:30 or so. All the kids caught fish. A handful were really chunky rainbows and Cutts. It's good to see this vs the skinny snakes from a few years ago.

No slush to report.

No chubs caught on our trip.
(01-02-2023, 03:10 PM)copple2 Wrote:
(12-27-2022, 09:12 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote:

No slush to report.

No chubs caught on our trip.
That's good to hear, little to no chubs being caught and the fish are getting bigger every year. Sounds like the DWR's new approach to dealing with the chubs has worked better than they could have hoped and no poison was used to kill all the chubs, saving the millions of dollar it would have cost.
Sorry, forgot to report back. Caught about 8 fish in 3 hours. One nice 19" cutt, the rest were small cutts or rainbows. Tons of people up there though.
(01-05-2023, 11:07 PM)dbswoot Wrote: Sorry, forgot to report back. Caught about 8 fish in 3 hours. One nice 19" cutt, the rest were small cutts or rainbows. Tons of people up there though.

How did your Dad do, did he have any problems? Thanks for reporting back.
(01-05-2023, 11:44 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote:
(01-05-2023, 11:07 PM)dbswoot Wrote: Sorry, forgot to report back. Caught about 8 fish in 3 hours. One nice 19" cutt, the rest were small cutts or rainbows. Tons of people up there though.

He had a great time and loved it! He was the one that ended up catching the 19" cutt...Thanks for asking. I went to all the work to take him down and then he outfishes me lol
(01-06-2023, 07:18 PM)dbswoot Wrote:
(01-05-2023, 11:44 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote:

He had a great time and loved it! He was the one that ended up catching the 19" cutt...Thanks for asking. I went to all the work to take him down and then he outfishes me lol

Good for him, it's great that he can still get out fishing, especially on the ice.