Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
starvy 12/31
Me and my daughter hit knights, we were a bit late, bad roads, fished on the inlet side, marked a few and had some worm thief's that wouldnt commit,   most were leaving early, maybe next time, there was a guy aways from me that pulled in a 15 in eye so I know they are still in there, didnt hear of any perch, most were on the east side of the ridge that runs out,  8 + inches, the was  2 snow machines that run out in the middle.
               O.C.F.D.
[Image: download.jpg]
(01-01-2023, 07:15 PM)MSM1970 Wrote: Me and my daughter hit knights, we were a bit late, bad roads, fished on the inlet side, marked a few and had some worm thief's that wouldnt commit,   most were leaving early, maybe next time, there was a guy aways from me that pulled in a 15 in eye so I know they are still in there, didnt hear of any perch, most were on the east side of the ridge that runs out,  8 + inches, the was  2 snow machines that run out in the middle.

Catching eyes in the Winter is tough but doable, especially at a lake like Starvation where their numbers are high. Have you ever tried fishing for them at night during the Winter? Years ago a group of BFT members fished just off the dam and picked up one small eye but it was some tough conditions. Keep at it and I'm sure it will happen for you there.
I've concentrated on eyes at Starvy a couple of times. During day fish deep 40ft or so along breaks. Late afternoon and night I'd concentrate on 20 ft depths in a flat area. The dam area is where I fished. You can catch them but it's slow like 1 fish every two hours at best. I tipped jigging raps with perch meat. Haven't bothered to try in the last few years. If perch numbers get higher it should be better for walleyes.
I tried again last night, stayed till 7, they started to come in and look but i guess my jigin form is off, couldnt get any takers, my understanding is perch numbers are starting to come back, so that makes it harder to catch eyes with our silly jiggin stuff.

about 3 inches of snow on some slush.
               O.C.F.D.
[Image: download.jpg]