Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Car seat/shoulder restraint problems
Have any of you had the annoying problem of the restraint harness not wanting to go back in, when you remove your seat belt? If so, what do you do? Is there a cleaner or lubricant that you can put on it so it works properly? Or will I have to take it all apart and clean it to get it working correctly again? It's got to be a pain to take it all apart, so I'm hoping there is an easy solution. Any help you can provide would be great, thanks.
I believe the springs get worn out in those, that's why they don't go back in.
(01-02-2023, 01:56 AM)meancuznalfy Wrote: I believe the springs get worn out in those, that's why they don't go back in.

So the springs have to be replaced?
The driver's side in my truck has a very difficult retracting. I haven't found a way to take apart retractor assy and lubricating doesn't work. My options are use as is or replace. My other 2 vehicles work fine.
[Image: P3100003.jpg]
Harrisville UT
2000 7.3L F250 Superduty  '07 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Raymarine Element 9HV 4 Electric Walker Downriggers Uniden Solara VHF
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=w...Lfpn9f1tSM

Maybe this is all you need to do
(01-02-2023, 03:07 PM)meancuznalfy Wrote: https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=w...Lfpn9f1tSM

Maybe this is all you need to do

Thanks Lyle, that is just the info I needed. Looks like the hardest thing to do is get the cover panel off without damaging it. Have you ever tried this method before?
Your welcome, I haven't, I've just replaced a few, might work for you.
(01-02-2023, 04:42 PM)meancuznalfy Wrote: Your welcome, I haven't, I've just replaced a few, might work for you.

Are they hard to replace or expensive?
Just a few bolts to take off, not sure about the price anymore, been awhile since I've done one and they weren't expensive then.
(01-02-2023, 05:40 PM)meancuznalfy Wrote: Just a few bolts to take off, not sure about the price anymore, been awhile since I've done one and they weren't expensive then.

Did it come with the belt and retract mechanism?
I believe they did.