Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wellsville reservoir
I stopped by this small reservoir this afternoon to check conditions for a possible trip later this week.  There is a small amount of thin ice on the north end and the rest is open water.  The photo, looking north, shows 90% of the reservoir.  It extends another 150 yards or so behind the foot bridge from where I took this photo.  From this bridge I saw 5 or 6 planter rainbows cruising one or two feet below the surface, the largest being about 11 inches.  The brushy steep banks create an access challenge for bank fisherman so most people fish from the dam and city park areas on the north end, although there are a few trails down to the water here and there.  Fishing is not allowed from the bridge.  There was one person fishing but I didn't talk to them or see them catch anything.
[Image: Wellsville.jpg]
Hey thanks so much for that report, I've been wanting to check and see if there was ice there and you have answered that question for me... Since Hyrum is so dead this year, I was looking for somewhere that I could catch a couple, but sounds like we need a lot of cold to make that happen from the ice anyway.. Thanks for checking it out and posting what you found.. Later Jeff
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!