Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Perch?
I would like to take my 2 yr old grandson ice fishing (he has been begging to come).  I would love to get into the perch.  I live in Layton, so someplace close would be preferred.  I have not read any reports of good catching.  Any recommendations?  Pineview? Echo? Rockport (would be nice to know East or West side)?  I tried Echo earlier and had no perch.  Only one 4" perch at Mantua.
I need safe edges and hopefully no slush for the youngster.

Thanks for any recommendations in advance.
(01-13-2023, 11:35 PM)icerman Wrote: I would like to take my 2 yr old grandson ice fishing (he has been begging to come).  I would love to get into the perch.  I live in Layton, so someplace close would be preferred.  I have not read any reports of good catching.  Any recommendations?  Pineview? Echo? Rockport (would be nice to know East or West side)?  I tried Echo earlier and had no perch.  Only one 4" perch at Mantua.

Conditions have greatly improved over the past week so any of the locations you indicated would work as far as getting on the ice. Not any perch reports coming from Pineview, Echo has been really slow for perch, Rockport would be your best bet and the people posting reports are mainly getting on the ice from the main road side but I think you could catch them from either side, once you find them. Good luck hope you find enough to keep the G son happy.
(01-13-2023, 11:35 PM)icerman Wrote: I would like to take my 2 yr old grandson ice fishing (he has been begging to come).  I would love to get into the perch.  I live in Layton, so someplace close would be preferred.  I have not read any reports of good catching.  Any recommendations?  Pineview? Echo? Rockport (would be nice to know East or West side)?  I tried Echo earlier and had no perch.  Only one 4" perch at Mantua.

Could I advise you to re-read my Sat. 1-14 Rockport report ?  esp. regarding young kids? Keep an eye on weather reports, and Guluk to you and your young fishing partner...get him 'hooked' right and you could have good fishin' buddy for a long time...