Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Greetings y’all…
Good evening fellow BFT’ers. I’m admittedly a long time lurker on this site. However, I have met several of you over the years either out on the water or at the boat ramps. 

I grew up along the banks of the Mississippi River in Quincy Illinois. I moved to Utah in 2003 from Louisiana (Retired military). 

I prefer to chase Walleye, Crappie, Bass, bluegill, and Perch. I fished out of my old 1998 16’ Skeeter bass boat for years (lots of wet butt days trolling on Willard). Two years ago I sold about everything I owned, including several family members Wink and purchased my dream boat; 2080 Ranger Angler. 

Anyway, looking forward to meeting more of you…sharing fish stories and tips.

V/R,
Werner
Hey welcome to BFT officially and that sounds like a sweet ride... are they called rides on the water? Anyway thanks for joining in and we look forward to following some of your trips.... and getting to meet you on the pond... Each spring we do a flotilla, if you can make that, it's a great time to meet lots of other BFT contributors... Lot of fun to fish with so many great fishermen and women, I've really enjoyed being able to spend time with them and learn from so many great teachers that have helped my fishing game... So join in and have some fun with us... Welcome... Jeff
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!
Welcome to the site, that sounds like a sweet boat. How did you do at Willard last year for the eyes?
(01-14-2023, 02:41 AM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: Welcome to the site, that sounds like a sweet boat. How did you do at Willard last year for the eyes?
Thanks WH2…you know we did pretty good. I’m not sure about total numbers, but overall very satisfied.

(01-14-2023, 12:43 AM)SkunkedAgain Wrote: Hey welcome to BFT officially and that sounds like a sweet ride... are they called rides on the water? Anyway thanks for joining in and we look forward to following some of your trips.... and getting to meet you on the pond... Each spring we do a flotilla, if you can make that, it's a great time to meet lots of other BFT contributors... Lot of fun to fish with so many great fishermen and women, I've really enjoyed being able to spend time with them and learn from so many great teachers that have helped my fishing game... So join in and have some fun with us... Welcome... Jeff

Thanks Jeff! Ya, we can call it a ride. I’m definitely looking forward to the Floatilla. 

Thanks again!
(01-14-2023, 04:24 AM)Marble-eyes Wrote:
(01-14-2023, 02:41 AM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: Welcome to the site, that sounds like a sweet boat. How did you do at Willard last year for the eyes?
Thanks WH2…you know we did pretty good. I’m not sure about total numbers, but overall very satisfied.

Do you troll cranks for them, jig or bottom bounce?
(01-14-2023, 12:13 AM)Marble-eyes Wrote: Good evening fellow BFT’ers. I’m admittedly a long time lurker on this site. However, I have met several of you over the years either out on the water or at the boat ramps. 

I grew up along the banks of the Mississippi River in Quincy Illinois. I moved to Utah in 2003 from Louisiana (Retired military). 

I prefer to chase Walleye, Crappie, Bass, bluegill, and Perch. I fished out of my old 1998 16’ Skeeter bass boat for years (lots of wet butt days trolling on Willard). Two years ago I sold about everything I owned, including several family members Wink and purchased my dream boat; 2080 Ranger Angler. 

V/R,
Werner
Werner,

Thank you for your service Brother (I'm retired USAF), and welcome aboard BFT.

My ride Big Grin :

[Image: P1010149.jpg]

If you see it at Willard, stop by and say hello.
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."

(01-14-2023, 12:43 AM)SkunkedAgain Wrote: Hey welcome to BFT officially and that sounds like a sweet ride... are they called rides on the water? Anyway thanks for joining in and we look forward to following some of your trips.... and getting to meet you on the pond... Each spring we do a flotilla, if you can make that, it's a great time to meet lots of other BFT contributors... Lot of fun to fish with so many great fishermen and women, I've really enjoyed being able to spend time with them and learn from so many great teachers that have helped my fishing game... So join in and have some fun with us... Welcome... Jeff

Thanks Jeff! Ya, we can call it a ride. I’m definitely looking forward to the Floatilla. 

Thanks again!

I look forward to meeting you at the flotilla, we started doing the every other year rotation between Utah Lake and Willard, this year is down south, but if we have high interest up north we may need to change plans... Watch in April for the planning of this event... If not I'll keep an eye open for your boat when I'm on Willard..  I have an old Tracker Targa, has EX numbers on it... Bought it surplus from the state and they don't change bow numbers to your county like they used to...
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!
(01-14-2023, 12:13 AM)Marble-eyes Wrote: Good evening fellow BFT’ers. I’m admittedly a long time lurker on this site. However, I have met several of you over the years either out on the water or at the boat ramps. 

V/R,
Werner
 Welcome to the site, officially! Looking forward to meeting you and reading of your adventures. We too are retired military (USAF) and have been happy with being here in Utah. After all our time spent all over we chose to stay after being assigned to HAFB. Our boat is Hewescraft  180, silver and white. Hope to meet you out on the water.
(01-14-2023, 02:18 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote:

Do you troll cranks for them, jig or bottom bounce?
Cranks and bottom bounce…

(01-14-2023, 02:36 PM)dubob Wrote:

V/R,
Werner
Werner,

Thank you for your service Brother (I'm retired USAF), and welcome aboard BFT.

My ride Big Grin :

[Image: P1010149.jpg]

If you see it at Willard, stop by and say hello.
Thank you for your service Bob. Oh ya, I’ve definitely seen your rig out there. Looking forward to meeting you.

(01-14-2023, 04:59 PM)jjannie Wrote:

V/R,
Werner
 Welcome to the site, officially! Looking forward to meeting you and reading of your adventures. We too are retired military (USAF) and have been happy with being here in Utah. After all our time spent all over we chose to stay after being assigned to HAFB. Our boat is Hewescraft  180, silver and white. Hope to meet you out on the water.
Thanks JJ! Same here, we figured Utah was a good place to raise our kids. I’ll be looking for you. Thank you for your service.