Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Willard water hazard south marina
Good news 2X. Water level is up and water is coming down the baffles. Last fall this was the two 300lb. volleyball post bases in the south marina.

[Image: 20221127-095020.jpg]

Today I went there with the intention of removing them. Someone had already removed one, but the second one must have broke their strap. 

[Image: 20230114-105054.jpg]

Here is where I left it for the park rangers. Hopefully they can find it now to do something with it. They told us that they would get to it ASAP last fall. 8 DNR vehicles to watch the plane take off, but not enough time to remove boat hazards?????

[Image: 20230114-110636.jpg]

Like they say: If you want something done, do it yourself.
Good fishing to all.   Hue
Way to gp Hue, glad you figured out a way to get it done, good to hear the water level is coming up already, now if we can just get 10 more feet of water increase there, we won't have to worry about the rest of the haxards.
With the water finally rising I will be thinking about walleye fishing. It shouldn't be too long until the bite starts up. I'm sure that you and Ira will be the first to find them.
Fingers crossed we will but we will see.
Good job Hue, nice to have those out of there so us infrequent users of the marina don't find them the hard way... Thank you... J
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!
Thanks for doing something about it and not just whining! The world needs more people like you.
Thank for the comments. Truth is; I did it for myself as well as others. I know that I have docked my boat in that spot many times and they must have been only inches from my prop or hull. I have hit something in the marina in the past, but I think it was one of the cement dock anchors.
Hue, why would you launch from the south marina when the north marina is so much closer to your home?
(01-17-2023, 07:52 PM)Kent Wrote: Hue, why would you launch from the south marina when the north marina is so much closer to your home?

When I plan on fishing around the island or light pole areas. Saves a 4 mile boat ride.
(01-17-2023, 08:19 PM)BURLEY Wrote:
(01-17-2023, 07:52 PM)Kent Wrote: Hue, why would you launch from the south marina when the north marina is so much closer to your home?

When I plan on fishing around the island or light pole areas. Saves a 4 mile boat ride.

The island I understand, but the light pole is closer to the north marina.  (I stand corrected, see below).
[Image: WILLARD-BAY-LABELED.jpg]

Just looking at this map that Pat made up, which launch do you think is closer to the light pole?
Spent a couple of hours the morning trying to catch some trout on Mantua.  Only catch one, about 11 inches in size but the weather was great and the time was worthwhile.
(01-17-2023, 11:27 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: [Image: WILLARD-BAY-LABELED.jpg]

Just looking at this map that Pat made up, which launch do you think is closer to the light pole?

It looks like I stand corrected. Sad
(01-17-2023, 07:48 PM)BURLEY Wrote: Thank for the comments. Truth is; I did it for myself as well as others. I know that I have docked my boat in that spot many times and they must have been only inches from my prop or hull. I have hit something in the marina in the past, but I think it was one of the cement dock anchors.

Does anyone know if they did anything with the square block out in front of the dock ?
(01-18-2023, 05:56 PM)oldguy Wrote:
(01-17-2023, 07:48 PM)BURLEY Wrote: Thank for the comments. Truth is; I did it for myself as well as others. I know that I have docked my boat in that spot many times and they must have been only inches from my prop or hull. I have hit something in the marina in the past, but I think it was one of the cement dock anchors.

Does anyone know if they did anything with the square block out in front of the dock ?

They are still there as they need to be. It would have been nice if they would have been placed better (level or buried), but this is what we have. The one in front of the dock is already under water. not much though.
(01-18-2023, 07:52 PM)BURLEY Wrote:
(01-18-2023, 05:56 PM)oldguy Wrote:

They are still there as they need to be. It would have been nice if they would have been placed better (level or buried), but this is what we have. The one in front of the dock is already under water. not much though.
Thank you sir at least i know now to watch for it thanks again
FYI.    Willard's pool elevation as of yesterday was 4212 so I may wait until it's 4215 or higher before feeling save at the south marina.