Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Freshwater fish contaminated
Have any of you heard of this? Hopefully this is just back East but they make it sound like it's everywhere.
https://news.yahoo.com/study-suggests-us...00655.html
I saw that somewhere awhile back, can't imagine that it's any worse than all the mercury and lead in fish already out here in the west.
You could be right but the article makes it seem pretty bad.
Yes it does, and if it's that bad, then there's elevated levels in lots of other foods due to irrigation of crops from contaminated water
(01-18-2023, 03:54 AM)meancuznalfy Wrote: Yes it does, and if it's that bad, then there's elevated levels in lots of other foods due to irrigation of crops from contaminated water

True story
a textbook case of environmental injustice” in which certain communities are “inordinately harmed.”
Contamination of this food source particularly “threatens those who cannot afford to purchase commercial seafood,” the authors stressed in a statement accompanying the study.

This part of the article makes me have some doubts,, plus they are measuring in parts per trillion.
I agree, they are making it sound much worse than it likely actually is.
Yep, I see Montana is going to do a study on their waterways for here in the near future, be interesting to see what they say.