Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pineview access
I've heard about the difficult access at Pineview. Haven't been there for a couple of seasons. Is there anywhere to access with a machine at all? I know of wind surfer Beach but that wouldn't be machine friendly. Thanks for any info.
(01-20-2023, 12:09 AM)fishman Wrote: I've heard about the difficult access at Pineview. Haven't been there for a couple of seasons. Is there anywhere to access with a machine at all? I know of wind surfer Beach but that wouldn't be machine friendly. Thanks for any info.
The Feds - in their infinitely flawed logic - are slowly, but surely, closing down any and all free machine access to Pineview.  Cemetery point has been shut down for a couple of years now.  A gate was installed at the entrance to Port Ramp a while back and closed and locked in the winter after Utah Recreation shut down for the soft deck season.  The word from several sources tell me that the Browning Point access is being shut down with a fence being installed.  Last year (2022) a contract change was negotiated with Utah Recreation to have them operate the Port Ramp access point until the weather deemed it necessary to shut it down and close and lock the gate.  At that point, the Anderson Cove Campground/boat launch area will be plowed and opened to machine access at the obscene daily fee of $18.  If you happen to have the annual pass ($180 Day Use or $197 Boat Launch in 2023) then you're all set.  Good luck and tight lines to you.
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."