Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Deer Creek now
Who all is out today?  We are over south of the island. Stop by and say hi. Green smitty sled with BFT flag Big_riggs. Green creek tent. Fishing is slow but one hookup in an hour.
(01-21-2023, 04:25 PM)big_griggs Wrote: Who all is out today?  We are over south of the island. Stop by and say hi. Green smitty sled with BFT flag Big_riggs. Green creek tent. Fishing is slow but one hookup in an hour.

That does sound slow, did you do any better after you started this thread?
(01-29-2023, 08:20 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote:
(01-21-2023, 04:25 PM)big_griggs Wrote: Who all is out today?  We are over south of the island. Stop by and say hi. Green smitty sled with BFT flag Big_riggs. Green creek tent. Fishing is slow but one hookup in an hour.

Nope, it was a big slow fest the last 2 times I was up there.  LOL
(01-30-2023, 04:09 PM)big_griggs Wrote:
(01-29-2023, 08:20 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote:

Nope, it was a big slow fest the last 2 times I was up there.  LOL

That's too bad, how deep of water were you fishing in?
Was there fishable water NORTH of the island? I mean far north, toward Charleston. In other words, how far does the water go, and when does it turn to dry ground or frozen mud? Has the water level in Deer Creek risen much since fall, or do we have to wait for the spring run-off?
It's completely frozen to where the river comes in. The water level has come up a few feet from last fall. With the flows that they maintain for the middle Provo River Deer Creek starts to fill every winter.

When I went and got my season pass last week the water was up past the point that sticks out on the west shoreline. So maybe half to three-quarters of a mile north of the highway.
Live to hunt----- Hunt to live.