Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lucerne
Want to take my son to the Gorge this weekend and wondering if anyone has info on how the ice around Lucerne is. Thanks for any info!
(02-08-2023, 04:57 PM)Riebs20 Wrote: Want to take my son to the Gorge this weekend and wondering if anyone has info on how the ice around Lucerne is. Thanks for any info!

Was out there last week 8" everywhere we went. Swim beach, Lucerne.
(02-08-2023, 08:32 PM)wiperslayer1 Wrote: Riebs20Want to take my son to the Gorge this weekend and wondering if anyone has info on how the ice around Lucerne is. Thanks for any info!
Thank you for the info I appreciate it. Hope to get into some decent lakers.
(02-08-2023, 08:32 PM)wiperslayer1 Wrote:
(02-08-2023, 04:57 PM)Riebs20 Wrote: Want to take my son to the Gorge this weekend and wondering if anyone has info on how the ice around Lucerne is. Thanks for any info!

Did you see any machines out on the ice?  I've heard reports of variable ice and wondering if anyone dared risk it yet.  Looking to head that way myself in about a week.
(02-08-2023, 09:53 PM)mjlevie Wrote:

Did you see any machines out on the ice?  I've heard reports of variable ice and wondering if anyone dared risk it yet.  Looking to head that way myself in about a week.
Did see snow dogs and atv's on swim beach but there was plenty of pressure ridges which they did cross to get out we did not have either but walked out.
(02-08-2023, 10:55 PM)wiperslayer1 Wrote:
(02-08-2023, 09:53 PM)mjlevie Wrote:

Did see snow dogs and atv's on swim beach but there was plenty of pressure ridges which they did cross to get out we did not have either but walked out.
Thanks
Was out at lucerne this saturday. 12" ice solid black ice. lots of snow machines, snow dogs, tracked atvs. 1-2" of snow on most of that area. nasty pressure ridge between lucerne boat ramp and antelope flats running n/s. maybe possible to get around it but not without a long detour. plenty of people fishing, group north of me caught one around 730, group south of me caught one around 8. got two around 9am nothing big [everything under 20#]. tube jigs. hope you and your son got into em.
(02-20-2023, 03:07 PM)solopaddle Wrote: Was out at lucerne this saturday.  12" ice solid black ice. lots of snow machines, snow dogs, tracked atvs.  1-2" of snow on most of that area.  nasty pressure ridge between lucerne boat ramp and antelope flats running n/s. maybe possible to get around it but not without a long detour.  plenty of people fishing, group north of me caught one around 730, group south of me caught one around 8. got two around 9am nothing big [everything under 20#].  tube jigs.  hope you and your son got into em.

Thanks for the report, glad you got two good fish. Were you using glow tube jigs?
(02-20-2023, 06:19 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote:
(02-20-2023, 03:07 PM)solopaddle Wrote: Was out at lucerne this saturday.  12" ice solid black ice. lots of snow machines, snow dogs, tracked atvs.  1-2" of snow on most of that area.  nasty pressure ridge between lucerne boat ramp and antelope flats running n/s. maybe possible to get around it but not without a long detour.  plenty of people fishing, group north of me caught one around 730, group south of me caught one around 8. got two around 9am nothing big [everything under 20#].  tube jigs.  hope you and your son got into em.

Thanks for the report, glad you got two good fish. Were you using glow tube jigs?

Some years its a go-to color, other years I really can't raise a dang thing on glow.  I used more natural presentations and changed colors frequently.
Fished out in Linwood bay this weekend on 10 inches of ice. Saw few fish, only a couple chased but nothing wanted to bite. Used everything under the sun to try and get 1 to bite but nothing. Talked with a few other anglers and they said they got skunked as well. Chalk it up to having to pay your dues. Hopefully next time will be better.
Fished the area near swim beach and off airport road this past weekend. Tried to fish more shallow (30' to 40' of water). Ice was 14" to 19" and clear. Unfortunately we couldn't get the fish to cooperate.
[Image: PXL-20230219-193322474.jpg]
(02-21-2023, 12:46 AM)Riebs20 Wrote: Fished out in Linwood bay this weekend on 10 inches of ice. Saw few fish, only a couple chased but nothing wanted to bite. Used everything under the sun to try and get 1 to bite but nothing. Talked with a few other anglers and they said they got skunked as well. Chalk it up to having to pay your dues. Hopefully next time will be better.

When chasing those big lakers I think your right about having to put in your time. Did you try for any of the pups or rainbows?
We fished up near Squaw Hollow and had same luck. Saw fish, couple would chase but nothing bit. We fished from 40 fow to 90 fow and just nothing was interested in biting. Didn't get in shallow for the bows. Really was trying for something 20+ lbs.
(02-22-2023, 07:36 PM)Riebs20 Wrote: We fished up near Squaw Hollow and had same luck. Saw fish, couple would chase but nothing bit. We fished from 40 fow to 90 fow and just nothing was interested in biting. Didn't get in shallow for the bows. Really was trying for something 20+ lbs.

Where is Squaw Hollow can't find it on a map.
Last year in March  I was fishing in my boat, may not happen this year
some one asked me last Fri. and sat. to go ice fishing, I told him to go where Ira went.  have not heard how he did.
The name of that launch area has changed a couple of times and is now called Brinegar Ferry Crossing. It's signed on Hwy 530 that way too. Previously it was Holmes Crossing, which I still occasionally see on some of the maps.

Good luck, Ryno