Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New member!
Hey everyone! I'm a northern utah angler my main target is mostly panfish through the ice.  I've been hooked for about 4 years. Just picked up a garmin striker 4 plus this year!
(02-21-2023, 05:46 PM)IceGuy97 Wrote: Hey everyone! I'm a northern utah angler my main target is mostly panfish through the ice.  I've been hooked for about 4 years. Just picked up a garmin striker 4 plus this year!

Welcome to the site, what lakes have you fished this Winter? How do you like that striker 4?
Fished mostly Mantua and Hyrum. I've also made a few pm trips to Pineview. Love the striker 4 it's definitely better than not having a fish finder, however I find myself watching it more than fishing sometimes.
(02-21-2023, 06:13 PM)IceGuy97 Wrote: Fished mostly Mantua and Hyrum. I've also made a few pm trips to Pineview. Love the striker 4 it's definitely better than not having a fish finder, however I find myself watching it more than fishing sometimes.

From reports on here Hyrum has not been producing very good this Winter, what has been your experience?
About the same was there yesterday in about 20 FOW. caught 1 small trout in 4 hours. Marking perch out deeper but no bites just lookers.
(02-21-2023, 07:44 PM)IceGuy97 Wrote: About the same was there yesterday in about 20 FOW. caught 1 small trout in 4 hours. Marking perch out deeper but no bites just lookers.

It has been a strange Winter, seen the same thing at a lot of lakes, how did PV treat you?
First trip wasn't great just trying to figure it out but the last couple were awesome. Limited out on crappie in a couple hours, found some perch and bluegills as well. Haven't been in a couple weeks though so it may have slowed I'm not sure.
(02-21-2023, 08:04 PM)IceGuy97 Wrote: First trip wasn't great just trying to figure it out but the last couple were awesome. Limited out on crappie in a couple hours, found some perch and bluegills as well. Haven't been in a couple weeks though so it may have slowed I'm not sure.

Wow, perch being caught at PV, that has been a rare thing this Winter, did you catch them in the Narrows?
Yep they were biting right before the crappie showed up. I also found some just south of the windsurfer parking lot.
(02-21-2023, 08:23 PM)IceGuy97 Wrote: Yep they were biting right before the crappie showed up. I also found some just south of the windsurfer parking lot.

Well that's good, very few people catching any there this Winter, at least from the reports I've been reading.