Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Record snow for Feb, how much did you get?
I heard on the news that the snow we have received this Feb was a record and the airport in SLC got a record 14" just since yesterday. We only got 5" so far at my house. Did any of you get more?
We received 8".
11 plus inches here. I'm fairly close to the airport.
Haven't got much here, but I see north of Pocatello is getting hammered, I 15 is shutdown from Dubois to Dillon, Mt.
(02-22-2023, 07:15 PM)JazzyM Wrote: 11 plus inches here.  I'm fairly close to the airport.

Sounds like you got some lake effect snow, as did the airport, that's a lot of snow.
We had 14 with deeper drifts. Took us 2 hours to clear the back patio and dog area of the yard, driveway and parking area along with the front sidewalk. Thankfully it wasn't too heavy of a snow cause trying to throw it overtop of high snow sides we do still have.
Got 8" on the south end of the Heber valley.
Live to hunt----- Hunt to live.
(02-22-2023, 10:09 PM)jjannie Wrote: We had 14 with deeper drifts. Took us 2 hours to clear the back patio and dog area of the yard, driveway and parking area along with the front sidewalk. Thankfully it wasn't too heavy of a snow cause trying to throw it overtop of high snow sides we do still have.

Wow, that's a bunch, no lake effect snow up there, bet you wish you had that new snow blower for this storm.
6" at my house. Spent a good 6½hrs helping neighbors remove snow. Picked up a layer just enough to cover the ground over night.
[Image: P3100003.jpg]
Harrisville UT
2000 7.3L F250 Superduty  '07 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Raymarine Element 9HV 4 Electric Walker Downriggers Uniden Solara VHF
13-14”s here in Paradise, 1st time I’ve ever used more then 1 tank of fuel to get our driveways plowed lol
(02-23-2023, 02:45 PM)Bduck Wrote: 6" at my house. Spent a good 6½hrs helping neighbors remove snow. Picked up a layer just enough to cover the ground over night.

When I was taking snow off my solar panels yesterday, it sure seemed like more than 5" but I never measured it a second time. As bad as we got it in the Ogden area, video on the news this morning showed they got it much worse South of us. Crazy how much snow Tooele got.
(02-23-2023, 03:28 PM)2knots Wrote: 13-14”s here in Paradise, 1st time I’ve ever used more then 1 tank of fuel to get our driveways plowed lol

Wow, that is a lot of snow, hows it looking there this morning? Nice and sunny here this morning but more to come later today.
(02-23-2023, 03:35 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote:
(02-23-2023, 03:28 PM)2knots Wrote: 13-14”s here in Paradise, 1st time I’ve ever used more then 1 tank of fuel to get our driveways plowed lol

Wow, that is a lot of snow, hows it looking there this morning? Nice and sunny here this morning but more to come later today.

Clear and sunny with a breeze just coming up
The worse Winter I've seen here in Utah was the Winter of 83/84. That Fall, in Nov I believe, we got 18" of snow in Sunset, where I lived at the time and it just kept coming down. In Feb just a few months later I bought my house and there was 4 foot of snow on the roof when I moved in. I've never seen snow like that since then but the news said the snow at Alta ski resort, just went over 500" and there is more coming.

I burned 1½ tanks myself. Last fall I removed 120' of grass from the park strip replacing with rock eliminating watering. A neighbor across the street uses a blade on his ATV to clear his driveway pushing snow across street to my park strip. When I was clearing the sidewalk, I started slinging rock into my yard. Neighbor pushed rock from park strip onto sidewalk. All of a sudden, my thrower bogged down and was getting a clicking sound coming from under my lawn tractor seat. As I backed out of snowbank, noticed a trail of black little paddles dropping on the ground. These are remnants of blades from a fan that is mounted on top of the transmission. A chain reaction of 2 things that happened, rocks scooped in the tines shearing a bolt and a rock migrating into the tranny fan. I was able to find & purchase another fan for $40. Buying parts for my lawn tractor rates as bad as paying for boat parts. All fixed.

[Image: Tractor-Fan.jpg]
New and old fan
[Image: P3100003.jpg]
Harrisville UT
2000 7.3L F250 Superduty  '07 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Raymarine Element 9HV 4 Electric Walker Downriggers Uniden Solara VHF